Do you donate blood?

Do you know your blood type? What are some of the reasons you do/do not donate?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't... as an aircraft pilot giving blood would mean I would be grounded for at least some days. When you fly at altitude you need your red blood cells to transport the oxygen, even more than at see level. Having "less blood" could lead to hypoxia.
    That is, shortage of oxygen in some parts of the body.
    When that part is the brain and you need to make decisions in a cockpit, trouble is ahead :-(
    Even more serious is that the first symptom of hypoxia is euphoria... you feel good but you're doing bad!

• How long have you been a commercial pilot?

• I trained in a Cessna 152.

When did you get your license?

• @Bluemax In 2005, with training starting mid-2004.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm O+.

I donate blood, hair, I'm even on a list to donate bone marrow. Take everything from me lol

I will admit that I don't like to donate blood because I guess I have a blood phobia (oh great, yet another thing added to my long list of phobias :/)
    I get really queasy and faint. It sucks because this always happens.
    But it's whatever, I'll survive.

You should have included a poll missy! Lol and I was going to ask this question, but include other body parts/fluids that people may donate.

• They tell me to not donate blood anymore. But I'll just go to a different place lol

I ain't no punk bitch!

• I thought about it but I think thinking don't get as many answers

• ugh to many thinks I'm tired lol

What Guys Said 19

• I used to donate regularly till I got hypertensive.

I started donating at an illegal age of 17 (as did some of my friends) all because there was this BBW gorgeous girl laying on a bed with an empty bed next to it :D

But I continued since nature has given us ways to replenish our system while our donation helps those that need the blood :)

• Yes, everyone who is allowed to should donate blood. It's a rather easy process to go through. And if you're allowed then you should, because why not?

Tattoos, overseas visits, various diseases, and male homosexuality will get you banned from blood donation.

(not that homosexuality is even remotely bad in any way shape or form, it's just a sad fact that HIV is most prevalent in male gay populations, so blood banks have to react accordingly)

• I have.
    I donated plasma all the time for cash in uni bc i was dirt poor.

• Nope and it's not because I'm scared of needles (IDGAF a needle going in my arm LOL) but because I'm never near a blood bank or whatever.

• even if I was.. I'd probably walk right by it daily... unless they gave me snacks or money >_<

• I am O positive - You have just put a rocket up me - I used to work beside clinic so used to go in every six months - Since I moved office and starting working from home, got lazy no excuses.

• I've done it before, yeah. I used to be scared of needles but got over it once I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.

• I can't. I did up until the age of 20.

I remember two knuckle heads at the clinic having a competition to see who could pump out the most blood by squeezing their fists. They both nearly passed out.

• I donated loooong ago, haven't done it since. I did it cause they visited my high school at the tine and just figured why not?

• Yes, I do it regularly, every 6 months (I'm A+)
    I help other people and blood donation has many beneficial effects on your body

• I don't, I understand that I should especially since I'm o positive but I just never have to will or time to do it.

• Hells naaaaah... I'm terrified of needles. I'd go on a date Pennywise and his pet nope spider before I go anywhere near a needle.

• I'd rather not let people touch my vital liquids.

• I only did it once back in high school.

• No I do not. Needles terrify me.

• Gladly, to the Blood bank and the tax man

• No it's mine and you can't have it.

• I would donate my blood but those needles, their my weakness.

• I do and yes.

• A+. I donate because I get free snacks/cookies and also free report of my blood pressure/cholesterol levels. I have so far tracked it over a period of 5 years, I managed to keep it consistently low.

What Girls Said 18

• Nope. I'd love to be able to do more to help people but I freak out whenever I see a needle, like when I went in the hospital recently, I had to have people hold me down so they could stick a drip in me and that was after screaming, crying and being unable to breathe. So yeah. Not great with needles :P

• My blood is pretty much useless anyway, since I'm type AB+. Only other AB+'s can take it, we're less than 1 percent of the population, and we can take anyone else's blood anyway.

But seriously, what's up with banning people for five or even ten years after tattoos? That rules out pretty much everyone I know between the ages of 21 and 50.

• I can't. I'm never hydrated enough for it, plus me, blood, and needles don't really go together very well.

• No I did one better! I donate my organs!

• Nah. Never had blood drawn in my life (that I can recall hah). It's selfish of me I suppose but I despise the thought of a needle going into my arm and extracting blood from my body. No thanks. Maybe some day

• Typically I donate a few times a year. My blood type is A pos.
    I do it because it's a simple way to contribute to society. My body can easily replace it.

• I can't. I'm to skinny, they don't let me

• Im not old enough to be a blood donor just yet, but the second I turn 18 Im gonna become an organ, blood and bone marrow donor.

• O Positive, I donate regularly.

• I have in the past.

• Nope. Why? I don't know, just never really thought about it. + I'm not the biggest fan of needles.

My blood type is AB negative.

• I really should in reality sadly I don't.

• Yes I am A poitive

• I think I am type O and I don't but I probably would.

• If my hair was virgin hair I would be donating that too. I might even donate my organs when I am dead have not decided yet.

• I donated a few times but stopped when they gave me nerve damage. I'm APOS.

• I would if I weren't terrified of needles.

• I can't because you have to be 16 but I probably will once I can. I really want to know my blood type.

• Dont know my blood type off the top of my head.
    I donated 3 times before and blacked out every time and they sort of had a hard time bringing me around every time. And well on the last go around they politely asked me to maybe not donate blood anymore lol :P