Why do some people think religion solves everything?

I've noticed some people do this. Instead of going to right the wrong themselves, find the right person for them, actively seek a job, etc, they just say they'll pray about it and that's about it. Having religion is great and all but do some people not notice that sometimes you have to make it happen yourself, not rely on a deity that may not even exist?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it's an easy cop out. I mean they first screw up with something and then instead of actually repenting they instead pray to an imaginary friend and once they "feel" like they've been forgiven by said imaginary friend, they're free to go. I mean, it's pretty convenient to fuck up, do jack shit, and act as if all is forgiven.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm Christian and most people I know are also religious. I can't say I've ever encountered someone who didn't ever make a effort themselves. God gave us a brain to think with so in my opinion it's just silly if someone doesn't do anything themselves

What Guys Said 5

• In my you must pray and seek a job u can't just seek one and you can't just pray to get one you have to do both

• Same reason why some people think atheism solves everything.

• Placebo effect.

• Because it does. It solves things in exactly the way a five year old solves a differential equation. They just write down whatever shit comes into their head at the end and declare it solved.

• That's is one of the main problems with religion, people don't take responsibility.

What Girls Said 1

• It's more comforting to them, maybe then having to face the problem or issue logically.