You are walking to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street?

You are walking to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss told you if you are late one more time you're fired. Do you save the dog?

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh yea. I can always get a job, but that dog can't always get a new life.

• And furthermore, this would never happen to me as I own my own practice, so worse comes to worse: I'd have to cancel a session and offer a free session to my client.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, absolutely. I can get another job. It would be monstrous to leave the dog to drown, and if I'm working for a person who would order me to leave the dog, then I don't want to work for them anyway.

Besides, I'm sure if I explain in my next interviews that I was fired due to tardiness but that I was saving an animal's life, I'm sure eventually someone would hire me.

What Girls Said 19

• I am my own boss, so this is a non-issue.

If I worked for an actual company, I would simply walk into the office, politely smile, and say, "Sure, I'll sign those resignation papers. I'll also post the story of exactly why I was fired all over social media, and I'll be sure to pass it along to all my friends at major media outlets, too."

I'm one of those people. When I talk in my Nice Voice, you should get scared.
    (:

• Of course I save the dog!!! I could never forgive myself if I didn't do anything to help.

• Save the dog. I shouldn't have to question that.. Couldn't careless if the boss fired me for being late to work..

Do I get to keep the doggy? ^_^

• Yes I save the dog. If it was a person dying I would be excused, I would take that damn soggy dog to work as proof!

• Of course, I'd save the dog. I'd be a local hero!

• no! I would ask someone else to save the goddamn dog since I can't swim!

• Save the dog

• I don't give a damn about my goddamn boss. He/she can take her/his job and put it where it fits.

I'll save a life.

• I am follower of god. I would say screw my boss. Take off my clothes and haul ass to save that dog.

• A dogs life is more important to me than my job, if i get fired its called my #Parents lol until i can get another job

• I wouldn't care if I was making $100,000 a year, I would save the darn dog. I can always get a new job, but that only had one change.

I would probably keep him too and name him something cute :)

• I'd try but I can't swim. I'd call for help.

• Of course I do

F*** the unreasonable boss

• I would couldnt help myself but i think i have some fucked up héros complex.

• I'd save the dog without thought

• I would save the dog and keep him

• Help the dog.

• Honestly I would not save the dog, if there are other people around I would call their attention to it and kind of linger to make sure someone else was handling it. But I do not know how to swim and jobs do not grow on trees and it is not a person.
    If it was a person, then I would say fuck the job!

• Hell yes i save the dog...

What Guys Said 18

• Hell yea I'm gonna try to save the dog. Boss can bite my Azz dog can bite bosses Azz. I can find another job and dog prolly found a new home wit me

• what kind of dog

• Save the dog NO MATTER OF ANYTHING! I actually saved 3 cats from a simmilar situation. Why are you asking? Did you saved the dog, or just wandering IF?

• Hmmm.. Mayb save the dog and start jogging to work, to try and make up for the lost time.. But if i would for sure be late, id leave the dog... Jobs can be hard to get, and i won't risk everything for a dog...

• I kinda suck at swimming so I would probably try to get help first, but it all else fails i could try and hopefully not just drown myself as well.

• Yes, a life is more important than the job. I'd call the boss and explain if he was still feeling that way, I wouldn't want to work for him then.

• Yeah. Fuck my boss, dogs are cooler than people anyway.

• yes, I could never let a dog die if I have the chance to save him.
    I'll make a pic as proof and call them to say why I will be late. if he fires me, fine. the newspapers love stories like that!

• Uhhh saving a dog from a canal won't make me THAT late, plus if the boss doesn't understand he doesn't deserve my work

• I turn on my phone cam leave it somewhere and record myself saving the dog. I show it to my boss and leave it at his judgement to fire me or not. I couldn't live with myself leaving an animal to die, when I could've save it myself.

• Screw the boss I'm jumping into the canal and saving that dog.

• The reasonable thing to do would be to let the dog drown and keep my job.

Fuck that, though; I'd save the dog and tell my boss I quit.

• Save the dog!!!

• Fuck yeah of course, but by doing this i would basically be doing my job

• Call fire brigade and be on my way

• Yes, of course I'd save the poor dog. A life is more important than a job I can replace.

• Of course.

• Of course I save the dog lmao, it's not even a contest. Having a clear conscience is a privilege.