Is it arrogant to think that we are the only living beings in the Galaxy? Or, are you of the belief that their are 'others' somewhere out there?

Most Helpful Guy

• The more we learn about the variables and conditions required to have a habitable for biological life planet, the more science is realizing how unique Earth really is:

Now, it's still a really big Universe, so maybe other life forms are out there. But are there as advanced as we are? They might still be trilobites or dinosaurs for all we know?

This YouTube is churchy, but the science argument is still there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjGPHF5A6Po

What Girls Said 2

• Yea I do believe that there's a huge possibility of other intelligent beings in the universe. With so many planets still not known to us the possibility is great. Have you ever watched "Ancient Aliens" on history 2 channel? It's really quite interesting, far fetched at times.

• I think there is just too much we do not know to assume we are the only life forms out there...

What Guys Said 10

• i believe there are intelligent lifeforms beyond earth.

• Scientists theorize that there could ne living organisms underneath the ice of other moons within our solar system

• Yeah, I think it's highly improbable that --- given the immensity of our galaxy (not to mention the known universe) --- that we're the only life forms existing.

• I don't think it's arrogant to feel that way. We haven't found proof yet.

I'm of the belief that it's possible. I just don't think so

• On waitbutwhy there's a great article on the Fermi paradox. I think we might be alone, and not for good reasons.

• In our galaxy... possibly. in our universe... certainly.

Imagine this though, we are not the first incarnation of out universe.
    Bang... everything shoots out (universe expanding as we are now).. then contracts again (due to gravitional pull of mass), creating another big bang... and everything shoots out... etc etc etc

It blows my mind!

• I'd say more along the lines of ignorant.

• nope its just your opinion

• I find it implausible that there is no other life in this enormous universe.

• not arrogant, it could be a fact.