If USA isn't the best country in the world, then what is?

I made a question asking what people love about America - the greatest and best country of all time and all I got was hate.

So if you all think you're that good, name me one country which is better than America in ANY way. One country.

I'm angry.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• Finland, duh. Free health care and I get PAID to go to school. No debts, no medical bills. Ayyy

• "one country which is better than America in ANY way"
    Pretty much any country that wasn't built on the genocide of one group of people and the enslavement of another.

A lot of the major European countries are better in a lot of ways, including better healthcare, less sexism, and generally less weird-ass conservative beliefs.

There's also a LOT of countries that do better than us education and technology wise.

Also we have ridiculously high rates of mass shootings- really, it's absolutely insane.

We also have some impressive issues with police brutality that could stand to be addressed.

And pretty high mass incarceration rates, as well as a lot of prejudice and racism skewing the criminal justice system toward white people.

And we have an utterly RIDICULOUS income inequality issue.

And that's really only the things I could name off the top of my head, and even then I didn't really compile a comprehensive list. Basically the US is honestly pretty shit in a lot of respects. Do you want me to name specific countries? Because actually I'm not sure that I have space for that if I wanna stay within the limits of the character count.

• And to answer the actual title question, I don't know that we can definitively choose a "best country", but I do know that it sure as hell ain't the US.

• Well said. I like the US but they have still some work to do.

• I like my county Australia because we don't have the ego thinking we're better then others. We have natural beauty, history and of course lots of bikinis. Americans are too loud and religious for my liking. In Australia you want free Healthcare, sure, gay marriage, here you go, abortions, no problem.

• +1,000,000 for lots of bikinis 👍👙🇦🇺🐨

• @juststrollin it's okay, good points though.

• Australia is pretty nice we have almost no crack cocaine and the closest thing we have to a ghetto is Elizabeth

And the history of Australia is a lot different than just what they teach you at school

SOME people are descended from bread thieves and hookers but most of the country is occupied by free settlers that came here by choice

• I agree with @lumos. Also, any country that shuts up and does the thing they say they're going to do instead of "we're the best at killing people! All the people! Why does everyone hate us, we're clearly the best country!" is a winner in my book.

• 2 time world war winners baby!

• Typical American arrogance. Right, because no one else fought those wars.

Go sit in a corner and jerk off to a bald eagle (even though there are more bald eagles in Canada).

• I just want to say to the rest of the world that is oppressed by america that as an African-American, we are killed and put into poverty just like you, except we live in America so its messed up and confusing and worst. To be honest most African Americans are too brainwashed to see that and side with the patirotic mainly white americans, but its mainly non-minority older European Americans screw over and the world over. The rest of us (African and Native americans) had our culture stolen, languages stolen, and enslaved at gun point by them to build the country and capitalism, but not all of us stand with america commiting crimes everywhere. We're sort of like prisoners on house arrest in our own country and they stole and kept resources from us even though we worked to death building it and use physical looks and verbal abusive langauge to justify the using and stealing from and killing of African people. After slavery they didn't allow black people to buy land and build businesses too.

• So America is most delusional and scary country of people in the world, and Im talking about the America that still puts down, kills, and abuses black people for existing because they are actually barbaric and pyschotic and can't deal with the guilt of treating people so horribly. The psychological term would be cognitive dissonance or distancing and creating bs reasons to justify insane behavior

• @asker there are statistics and wealth of knowledge right in front of you and you have to ignore it in order to function because the pain of just what the hell was done to black people is that unomfortable, but you only rob yourself of humanity by not even contemplating how 400 years of abuse on a people, generationally creating ptsd untreated, in generation after generation with further abuse, and denial continiously, you rob the people of their humanty still while robbing yourself of humanity. No ones asking you to feel guilty, about the past you and others should feel guilty about perpetuating abuse on victims or silencing them.

• By accepting and ackknowledgin the effecs of the past is the ONLY way to move on to better future for everyone. But is it that painful to consider that you can't do that?

• Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. You can't get mad about that. Just like they shouldn't get mad about you saying America is the best. I dont know why they sent hate.

• I'm partial to smaller countries. Switzerlabd has a pretty good deal going on. As does Luxemburg. I would love to have Swiss citizenship.

• i read the article its because of the high living expenses that are causing the poverty it even said that ion the article where the median wage in usa would out you as low income in Norway

• The E. U. did it with Switzerland too, under the Schengen agreements.

• Well yeah Switzerlabd has been cooperating for a long time with West counterparts. But a U. S. Citizen still has many reasons to prefer a bank account there other than evading taxes. It's a good place to keep money.

I wouldn't call it a Coup d'État though with Switzerland at all. They do now cooperate with others on tax evasion but it is still a great place to bank if you aren't a criminal, they do not cooperate with the U. S. On everything not at all.

I've never felt Switzerland have in to pressure from Schengen before please explain? The borders are usually very open to neighboring countries but they do shit them down if need be. Even to commuters.

• I don`t think its the best country there are tons of better countries

• Oh yeah? Where then? I thought so.

• @sjoes006 but they have incredible landscape to make up for that lol

• Well, I'm not a fan of the fact the US is bombing the shit out of countries. And the racism.., But I still think it's a great country overall. There isn't a "greatest country "

• Sorry, France is the best country by far ;)

But I've never to USA so in fact I can't tell ^^

• Canada is the number 1

• Are we talking about our government? I don't really care for our American one, but I'm more neutral. I don't hate any country, that seems silly to hate a whole country. Some users on this site (and internet) hating America and never even visiting, or getting to know more people make me laugh. Automatically assuming the bad of someone else just because they are born in a place just doesn't make sense to me.

But the land is beautiful in a lot of places, it's so diverse - I think that's awesome. I love hiking in the mountains or hanging out at beaches.

I do like Finaland, Switzerland and Sweden however. Spain also has some beautiful architecture but I have no clue on their government or public relations. I'm not saying better, not saying America is better either. People are entitled to their own opinions, even if they jump to conclusions.

• New Zealand it's the best country... much better than America. Sorry

• The best country at what? Doing a dance before football? Fine I'll give you that but it's not as good as America in every other way. Like being 2 time world war winners baby!

• It's hilarious how you guys don't understand how the rest of the world sees you.

What Guys Said 27

• What I don't get it is why it angers you. I'm American, by default, I don't really align myself with any entity, I just pay taxes as a cost of doing business to live somewhere with running water and indoor plumbing. But I believe nationalism is very dangerous. People root for their country like a sports team, and that's frightening. There are many countries where you can enjoy a comparable quality of life. My number one issue is the US is trying to be some military power and police the world, and try to say that everywhere should be like us, as if we know better, and as if we don't have self-interested ulterior motives. They do it under the guise of being the good guy, but if we were fully operational on solar power or something, we wouldn't be shipping kids off the get in shootouts on the other side of the world, and Islamic extremist groups wouldn't be targeting us in terror attacks. Do you think they don't like us because we're a predominantly Christian democratic nation? NO. They don't like us because we think EVERYWHERE needs to be a Christian democratic nation, and we think it's our job to force that. I'm not sure I even agree with democracy. It sounds good on paper, everyone gets a vote, but look around, go to fucking Walmart... THESE are the people who are part of that population, and I for one would have more confidence in a benevolent monarch than just letting every moron with a pulse have a say in electing officials. I mean Donald fucking Trump is leading the republican polls, enough said. "Hey, it's that rich guy from TV! And he hates Mexicans and wants to build a wall! What a genius!" These people need to be excused from life, and instead they're part of the voting pool. Putting any confidence in the Average Joe is idiotic, period. It makes Average Joe feel good, but it isn't necessarily what's best. The best country, I don't know who it is. Maybe it's us, maybe it's not. Depends on the criteria. Our standard of living is good but probably overkill. But politically, I'd rather live somewhere that was neutral and didn't involve itself in other countries' problems, whether for good or evil. Mind your own fucking business, always, no exceptions. And the U. S. can't seem to do it. Just a parting point: always question the source of information and knowledge you obtain, and consider the agenda. Remember that everything you know and feel ABOUT America was instilled in you BY America.

• Well said and very refreshing. You are making a good example for your country.

• I've been saying that for years like "why are we" always sticking our heads where they dont belong now? While also choosing to complain about how our "troops" are dying daily over there in the middle east or wherever else they're... when they shouldn't have been over there in the 1st place anyway.

Let the Asians or Russians go play cap-save-a-hoe for the world... we should just be sitting over here stacking mitlitary troops by the millions LOL. So if a war jumps off yeah...

• America IS a sports team. In the Olympics. And we always win baby!

• 5|4
    • I don't see any other countries cleaning up the scum of the earth

• Two time world war winners baby! Woooooooooo USA USA USA!!!

• WW3 was won by the USSR but the US did help them a bit.

• China is better at mass-producing pretty much anything. European countries, especially Belgium, Germany and the Czech Republic have better beer than that piss you can get in America. Switzerland, Sweden and Iceland have a generally higher standard of living, to name just a few examples. Employees are treated much better in France and their food is also much tastier and healthier. Russia and China are better at space exploration right now. You're not even the best when it comes to fanatic patriotism, North Korea can do that much better.
    Let's face it, the only things America truly does better than any other nation are American football and baseball, but that's only because the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about those sports.

• In fairness, you can't judge 'American Beer' as budweiser or coors or whatever. We have tons of microbrews which have displaced the big three.

• Baseball is huge in Cuba!

• PEACEFUL NON INTRUSIVE COUNTRIES... Like Ireland, Switzerland..

• You know, The US only leads the world stastistically in 3 categories.

1) Most people who believe in faries.
    2) Most incarcerated citizens per capita
    3) Defence spending, Where you spend more then the next 9 highest spending countries combined.

So to call America, The ''greatest country on earth'', Greatest in what exactly?

Your heritage and history?, Ahem, The USA is one of the younger nations on this planet, With the majority of its ''Heritage'' inherited by the British.

Your foreign aid and humanitarian work?, Pfft, You guys don't have shit compared to what the EU countries has been doing in recent years. The British Red Cross with the financial backing of France and Germany have been spearheading humanitarian work.

Your education? Pfft, You rank #17th, On a global scale your population is not the brightest. You also rank #24th in literacy... Yeah... Dumb AND can't read or write...

Your society? Pfft, According to the global research of the IPSOS, The US ranks second in cultural ignorance, With shocking figures in things such as teen pregnancy, Unemployment rates, And hatred of other countries.

Freedoms? Pfft... Even Germany, Fucking Germany, A country that no more than 75 years ago was the most facist state on earth, And spend its future, Up until a couple decades ago split in half under oppression, EVEN FUCKING GERMAN PEOPLE HAVE TECHINCALLY MORE PERSONAL FREEDOMS THEN AMERICANS.

You know what, I could go on for literally fucking Hours, the US, Is basically not in the top 10 for anything that is positive, OTHER than its Military spending.

Because, Who cares about things like a smart country, equal rights and the millions of imporant shit, When you can have a dockyard that looks like this, Right?
    publicradio1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/.../...ge.jpg

You know... Those Aircraft carriers cost $6,000,000,000,000 each... EACH... YOU HAVE $18 TRILLION IN DEBT FFS!!!, YOU HAVE MORE DEBT THEN ANY OTHER COUNTRY. YET YOU KEEP SPENDING FUCKING STUPID AMOUNTS ON THESE USELESS WAR MACHINES BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL OH SO FUCKING PROUD.

Pfft... Greatest country on earth, Don't be so fucking smug. You have the most expensive military, AND THAT IS QUITE LITERALLY FUCKING IT.

Look at this map, This is what each country, Belives is the biggest threat to world peace... Funny don't you think?
    i.ytimg.com/vi/CxHMeWfKdHk/maxresdefault.jpg

''History is written by the victor'', People like you, In school, Are taught patriotism and how you're oh so fucking great, Not the bad shit your country has done, And the sad part is, You're too ignorant to care.

• Norway. And that's a completely unbiased opinion because I'm English. But yeah, Norway. It's been proved by science.

• Yeah. The oil does wonders, wonder how long this is gonna last with the oil prices dropping and people losing jobs though

• Which is because Norway invest more money abroad then any of those countries mentioned, and sometimes dodgy African gold mines etc.

• ause its dark the whole winter amd they start walking naked south down the highway. taxes are way too high. shit food. not a great place at all

• Any other country in the world. Because the USA sucks. Except Israel. They're a bunch of neo-nazi youths.

• 1|2
  • In virtually all quality of life stats the US ranks low for the industrial world. Personal freedoms has reached an all time low, and rhetoric is high. The US is a world bully, pushing it's military weight around and literally stealing resources from other sovereign nations, it is guilty of piracy ie: seizing ships that are not in US territorial waters and not flying an American flag. War crimes (torture, and killing innocent civilians), and economic imperialism in the form of WMF and US foreign aid
    As for other countries most Scandinavian countries rank much better then the US in virtually all quality of life.
    If you need sources and links I'd be happy to provide them, but a simple google search will show you what I am talking about.

• probably one of the scandinavian countries. Canada ranks pretty high too, as well as some Asian countries like singapore

• America could be the greatest country, but we're holding ourselves back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEyUWKJFER8

• There is no greatest country. I will not deny that America has revolutionized the way Governments are structured, but the minute you look at the history of the revolution from an unbiased perspective, you see that our revolution was nothing more than an absurd overreaction to new taxes.

• There's no best country bloke.
    I'm not angry.

• Australia.

Better environment, better education, better healthcare, better crime rate, better economy, better gun laws, better looking people and most importantly, better accent.

• lol America sucks.

• I don't think there is a best country.
    and while the US might be a nice country to live, there are many thing about it that I don't like. there are many countries I prefer to live in over the US.

• There's no best Country

• That would be Norway or the Netherlands for me.

• Obviously Germnay, because autobahn.

• No because Adolf "Charlie Chaplin" Hitler of the third Reich.

• Canada, New Zealand, Australia...

• USA before Obama and his useful idiots ruined it.

• Hmm lets see:
    -Shitty education system.
    -Corruption.
    -Crappy over expensive healthcare.
    -Crumbling infrastructure.
    -Most cities are on the verge of bankruptcy.
    -Huge national debt.
    -Compleatly failed justice system.
    -Polution, Polution, polution.
    -Low birth rate and ageing population.
    -Rampant racism.
    -Money=free speech.
    -Fat unhealthy citizens.
    -The general population is astoundingly ignorant.
    -Corperations are considerd people.
    -"The South."
    -Despite being the most advanced military in the world: can't win wars.
    -The war on terror. After 5trillion dollars of taxpayer money and two failed wars, you are no safer from terrorism than 15 years ago. Good job.
    -Donald Trump.
    -Gun nuts.
    -Religious nuts.
    -Lance Armstrong only had one nut.
    -Retarded politicians.
    -Worst of all- its filled with people like you. Even your own countrymen are calling out your idiocy.
    I could go on but I have no intrest in thinking about the diseased whale that is the United Sociopaths of America.

• The US does not have the most advanced military on the planet. That title belongs to the Swiss army. Because they have the money and the time to spend on the most advanced weapons.

• You have to give the criteria by which you are asserting superiority so they can be examined. Otherwise you are just spouting blustering nonsense.

Very many countries are less aggressive than the U. S.
    Quite a few take better care of their indigent or disadvantaged citizens
    Several are less violent
    Several (most of the rich ones) have better education
    I could go on and on.

• The USA isn't on the top 10 of the least corrupted countries in the world.

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results

Let's not forget the fact that your people get really fat and love to mutilate little boys' genitals.

• I could name at least 7 or 8 but all the Norwegian countries, Germany, France and England.

• There are 36 countries that beat you in health care alone!

USA has a long way to go...

• But we invented that health care and our system is the system of freedom. We don't believe in handouts you must deserve to live by laying taxes to make America great and giving money for insurance so the government can do its job of running the best country ever. USA USA USA

• You truly are a product of the American education system...

• I want to apologize for "Asker". He is an idiot that represents more Americans than I care to know about. My country is corrupt as fuck and he is 1 of the many problems with it.

• There are lots of better countries - Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland and many others.

• You just pumped out a bunch of country names without even saying why they're better. Fail

• @asker you have the wrong idea about Switzerland my friend. They all own state issued guns they are trained to use at 18 and keep in their houses.

I was the only passenger on a tram going up a mountain and embarrassingly without thinking I crossed one leg over the other letting my sandal rest on the seat. The conductor yelled at me to put my foot down. What I was doing was somewhat taboo and I didn't realize it. They keep a very tight ship.

• Being neutral doesn't make them "pussies", Switzerland is better than USA in practically every way, the same goes for Australia, they can filter sea water, so it's no trouble for them.
      New Zealand has sufficient amounts of water, just like Canada, and all of these countries are much safer when it comes to criminal and corruption. Basically, America is one of the worst countries to live in, I would never go there...