I turned 25, but I still feel very young and immature like 15-18?

I just turned this age, but I still feel like a kid and even look like I'm 15 years old (people said so; this isn't my own biased opinion). I have no driving license (never drove), never drank alcohol (no interest and don't wanna damage my brain), never had sex (Feels too personal, scared), never dated (rejected people, which hurt but I don't feel ready), I'm a junior in university (I didn't officially start college until 4 years later because I was severely mentally handicapped and couldn't leave the house. Before anyone calls me lazy and unaccomplished for my age, I still created a health blog in this time period that to this day has 3,000 followers and tons of traffic. Plus I'm finishing a novel that I will sell that I also started during this time period), I don't clean the house or make my bed, and I don't cook. I also never want to be married or have kids (gah!).

Is it normal that I feel this way considering my lifestyle? Am I ahead in chronological years to the lifestyle I'm living?

You definitely sound like a good-hearted and very mature (but still young) person who is apparently a great mother. You are much less selfish-sounding than I am. It's nice to hear that you are content with your life with no insecurities or regrets :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Still sounds lazy in a way, you also have a social type of fear or even aspergers to keep yourself back from certain things that most have done years before your age

• You think I'm mentally insane? No offense but I think people doing things that should require A LOT of thought (doing drugs, having sex, having kids) when their brain is still objectively maturing are crazy.

• Thank you for your kindness and sensitive reply. I didn't feel insulted at all :) Yeah, that's the funny thing about me. In some ways I'm way ahead of people and yet in others, I am significantly behind. That's why I feel so out of place. I don't really fit into an age group.

I was never diagnosed with a social disorder, only a genetic stutter. No offense to anyone, but I hope I don't have a social disorder. People consider that a sign of weakness, like weak-minded adolescents self-diagnosing themselves or getting other doctors to do it to make excuses for why they can't cope in life.

• Well it sounds like your doing fine, I didn't start a family till I was 32 so I did things before that I never would have had time for now

Most Helpful Girl

• You turned 25? You feel 15? So you even felt the need to create a account to pose as an underage girl?

You feel younger because you don't do what people your age typically do.

People your age usually are slowing down, and worried about beginning a family in a couple of years if they haven't already.

• Don't you find that kind of 'slowing down' to be a waste of life? Having a relationship and having children is a huge waste of time and money in my opinion. You basically give up the chance to make real accomplishments because your time becomes so fragmented. Technically after your kid is grown, you can make some career "comebacks" at around 40, but then you'll no longer impress anyone :(

• Yes, I thank you for your mature and honest input :-)

• No problem. <3 Have a great New Year! :)

What Guys Said 2

• You make my brain hurt... So you are really 25, not "under 18"? I think your doing ok... Might even be doing better than me... Dont be scared to live life!

• Yea it is very normal to feel that ways sometimes.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah the typical american!

• Well, that's good :) I feel very fortunate to be American. I heard life is similar in Italy though.

• Why do you say so?

• Cus I am in your situation!

• I think you can be immature if you feel that way. I mean, if you want it, you can be immature. My mom hasn't grown up and she's 39, she acts like a child.

In my opinion, we never grow up..