Is it normal for spending too much time with my family (just my parents and sister) and none either with friends or alone to make me feel depressed?

Im in grad school so when im at school I am either studying, in class, with my boyfriend, with friends, or alone. When im home on breaks I am with my parents or sister 24/7. My sister and I even have to share a room because we are on break and don't live at home anymore. I rarely see friends and I don't have any time to myself except when I shower. I also have a curfew (even though I'm 23) and my parents need to know where I am and what I am doing at all times - I feel like I have no control over my life when I am home. Is it normal for this to make me feel depressed?

• Yes it's normal
  • No it's not normal
  • Maybe it's normal
  • Other

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Absolutely. Being around my family brings me down all the time. I tend to be much happier the more time I spend away.