Do average looking guys and girls get a lot more attractive online?

Internet Goggles!
Do average looking guys and girls get a lot more attractive online?

• Yes
    64% (16)18% (3)45% (19)Vote
  • No
    4% (1)29% (5)14% (6)Vote
  • Maybe
    32% (8)53% (9)41% (17)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|6

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea cuz they can make themselves look better than they do in real life. Like lighting & certain angles

0|1
    0|0
    • But real looks always shine through, like when they have a billion+ profile pics and always look as good :P
      Not naming names lol

• Show All
    • Bawahaha thanks 😈
      I'll have my profile changed tomorrow probably lol

• You are welcome!

And nothing wrong with that.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible to appear more attractive online because of things like photoshop, airbrushing, or whatever people use to edit pictures. In addition you can control the conditions when the picture was taken including lighting, make-up, etc. The pictures may also be older and not reflect your current age.

So just because you appear attractive online doesn't mean that you are attractive. ... wait, but attractiveness is mostly based on appearances... um, I think I just confused myself

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Attractiveness is partially an attitude. You could not have what it takes but if you act like you are all that other people will be attracted to you.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont think so. How would they be attractive online compared to reality?

0|1
    0|0
  • well shit I guess I'm fucked

0|1
    0|0
    • Dont be silly!
      You are one of the good looking ones, no doubt.

• lol noooooooo nono

• Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!
      I explained this earlier, Beauty pics and whatnot are one thing. But if you look good in normal pics with bad lighting and all, then you look good lol

What Guys Said 5

• in my opinion, On one hand, girls that give any attention to introverted guys are pummeled like crazy lol. On the other hand, with "e-standards", women are compared against the 10/10 instagram bombshell, so otherwise attractive women might appear less attractive online than I think they are IRL.

0|1
    0|1
  • Sometimes I worry a photo of me looks better than I actually do, and if a girl were to meet me in person (in the past of course), I'd be worried she'd be disapointted :D I'd take bad pics on purpose, then I'd know the girl who I met up with really was interested :p

0|1
    0|0
  • That's what people on FB generally do. I think a social media site can enhance anyone, and some people have the ability to appear super intense and friendly on their site, yet you meet them irl and they're a total bore.

That, plus Photoshopping their pics obviously to look more attractive.

I wouldn't trust dating sites by themselves because of that. But a quick web cam call would automatically fix any ecepticism you might have on someone lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Photoshop is hellof a drug

0|1
    0|0
  • Somr do, some don't. I look like exactly what i really am

0|2
    0|0