Were you ever bullied? If yes, How did you cope up with it and overcame it?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, I was bully a lot in middle school because I was really shy and tiny compared of other. They insult me and hitting me all day even during lunch time where I was always alone. The only things that save me was my religion. She save me from suicide and help me for accept me.

• Religion does help at times like these, good to know... never ever try it again, suicide is the worst.

• I know, I will never try it again :)

What Guys Said 22

• They tried, but it stopped fairly quick

I was different and be on my own a lot so of course I'd be the one getting bullied.
    They tried to taunt me by saying things, but I really didn't give a crap about that and they knew so they stopped soon after

Also, I was good at soccer which they liked because during playtime it is class vs class.
    And I was a drawer, so them seeing me draw their favorite characters was awesome
    Aaaaand important factor: When they were alone, like when I talk to one of them in private, we got along so

• I was bullied from the 4th grade to the 7th grade and always by the same group.. but in the 7th grade when I was bigger, meaner, and a lot tougher then I was in the 4th grade I said to myself.. enough is enough.. so I called out the biggest guy out of the three that always beat me up and caused me grief over and over, I used what ever I could to end his rain of terror.. not only to me but to others they did it to as well.. so one day I called him out to a secluded spot out in the bush at lunch time.. and when he and his two other goon squad members showed up.. I came out from behind a tree and sucker punched them first.. then when there was only him and I left as the other two were lying on the ground.. I picked up a tree branch and beat him senseless with it.. then when he said to stop he had enough.. I did not and said shut the hell up.. I did not stop till he said he would never ever lay a hand on me again.. him or his idiot friends.. then when he agreed to that.. I went back over to his friends and walloped them a few times each with the branch.. telling them what I had said to the king of the wimps and pointed to him.. from that day on.. never again was I bullied at school, and the way that I handled it may or may not work like that for everyone... but it sure did for me... I was just so ticked after all those years that nothing was going to stop me from making it work and sending a huge message to these jerks

• Nope, but I was teased some back when I didn't have any teeth in my mouth 😂😂

But I didn't consider is teasing (or bullying) since we'd all be laughing at each other nor did I give a fuck. So it was all fair game.

And if you meant #Physical bullying HELL FUCKING NAW!!! I ain't no bitch #NotEvenWorriedAboutThat #YouGoneBeatMyAss1stx4.

• Hahaha!! Toothless misty!

And if you are physically bullied you ain't a bitch, people who get bullied are not weak but circumstances are not in their favor.

• Yes, For different reasons going from my looks to how i act. This actually had a big inpact on my life because it made me feel terrible about myself and question a lot of things, Now i am a rather shy/thinking guy.

As for what i did with it, at first i isolated myself which didn't help and made things worse looking back at it. Finally i decided to talk to someone about it which really helped me as he would listen and give advice.

• I planned my revenge. I was always good with computers and I used that to uncover all their dirty little secrets and ruin their lives. Like that popular girl who had an affair with her driving instructor, got pregnant and had an abortion... made sure her very Christian parents and the whole school found out. Suicide was the only way out for her. Or that one rich asshole... turns out his parents weren't paying their taxes. Now he's working a minimum-wage job at some fast food restaurant.
    So yeah, the bullying probably fucked me up pretty good, since I'm now a cynical, psychotic asshole... but hey, in some way, I won.

• Can you link to the either story? Did suicide girl get any media attention?

• No i was not but a fat kid tried me as a young teen then I went off on him with my fist and he was pretty much out of here after that

• It is good that you took a stand for yourself.

• Thanks a lot for help.

• You bet my friend

• Yes :(
    I had some fights... i almost ended in the dark side...
    Very complicated.

• yeah, my friend and i were bullied in school for 2 years as i remember. We were 8 or 9 years old then, the guy bullying us was also of our age. One day, he was kicking my friend for no reason, i lost my patience and pushed him. He then grabbed my throat but i wasn't afraid at that time... i just slapped him on his face 4-5 times and he withdrew. Then school's security guards came in between and stopped the action. He didn't touch us since that day. And we are friends now.

• Good thing then, I wish that the person who bullied you will remain a good person.

• we were kids then. we didn't know what it was. He's definitely a good person.

• I was bullied all throughout my junior schooling, until I got sick of it and broke someone's nose. I was rarely given shit after that.

• When I started high school everybody tried to have a pop at me. Didn't last long though. I picked a fight with the biggest and toughest one and bettered hell out of him in front of everybody. Never got annoyed again. People don't attack strong people they attack weak people. Be a lion in life not a sheep

• I was never physically bullied.. but man the mental hazing was absolute shit... I mean, what can you do if the entire freakin class gangs up on you.. I eventually learned to shut it out.

• i was back in school. it helped a lot that i was physically stronger than most of the bullies so they couldn´t treally hurt me physically at least.

• Well it is great, strong stature does help you to overcome troubles... having a short body on the other hand gets us in more trouble.

• True but bullies are rarely verbal.

• i mean i can´t really suggest trying that... but my dad gave me the tip to hurt one of them really bad. like totally exaggerate. punch them straight in the face. break their nose or something. problem with this is that it really depends on the people you have to deal with if it helps or not.

• Some kid kept pushing me down when j was in fifth grade. One day, I wound up and hit him as hard as I could, right in the nose. He never messed with me again.

• Yes I was. I matured and because of that they had no reason to bully me because I didn't react to it like a little bitch.

• Ohhh... little bitch... huh... great that you didn't, little bitches like them are so stupid when they react when someone lock them up in store room for 12 hours after beating them up and those are lil' bitches who react after having operation were pushed by stairs in school to see how well they could roll or maybe those who got involuntarily intoxicated and got nudes taken of them. Do tell me who are the little bitches cause these incident can crack even strongest of people.

• If that's how it is than get someone in on it.

• Okay... Thank you for sharing your opinion.

• I was, from 2005-2008. I dripped out of high school because of it. I suppose I've never truly recovered, I still have problems meeting new people and trying new things.

• no and if i was, i can just stick up for myself and not be bitchmade.

• Random s/o to my mom for keeping me big since I was born.

• yes. i took martial arts and fought the bully.

• sure, I had to fight a LOT.

• Me too, but due to constant fights I had to miss schools more often then not.

• That is really unfortunate. Please don't let these awful people ruin your life by keeping you out of school, that's what they are trying to do. What anti bullying policies does your school have? And are you generally unpopular or is it just a few bullies?

• I was generally unpopular and it didn't helped that I was 2 years younger than all of my clasmates, I actually passed school a year and few months ago but due to all those terrible incidents I still can't talk to people comfortably.

• Ooh ooh I know this one I know this one a punched them

• Yes but I it told to nobody. I needed to quit college and recovered from it after a year or so.

• not really.
    that said, most bullying isn't really that imho.

What Girls Said 9

• I went to a terrible school in the 6th grade. The irony is, to escape the general riff raff, I was in honors or advanced classes, but that is actually where I was bullied. It was a set of 2 girls and 2 boys. They would harass me for being smart (we were all in honors, we were all supposedly supposed to be smart!!!), they would routinely mess with my locker, they would throw things at me, mess with my stuff, start rumors about me. It was relentless and I was miserable. The only saving grace there were my two friends, one a bully herself, but she protected me and my other friend, and the other one was my best and only friend at that school. We were in the same boat so it helped to have someone to talk to. Honestly the only way I overcame it was literally transferring to another school. It was like that year never happened. I had tons more friends, the school was 100% better, they had a zero tolerance policy which they enforced, and school became about school again, and not me trying to deal with bullies, and then trying to learn after that. It really affected me, and made me more aware of people who were being bullied in general and I tried to be a much more supportive friend to those and to try and stop bullying if I saw it happening.

• Just some bullying here and there
    At first I told my teacher about my bullies, he told them off (and probably warned them) they came to me apologizing and crying the next day! I was 11, he was one of my favorite teachers ever, unfortunately he drowned in the red sea and he was only in his late 20's💔
    ThenbI was bullied in middle school and first year of HS because I was a nerd and chubby. I simply ignored them, didn't give them importance, focused on my studies and worked on myself (I lost weight). If anything they motivated me.

• I am still being bullied. I am not quite sure how to cope with it. On top of bullying, I have very serious family issues. I guess I try to forget about it but everyday something reminds me. I write all of my feelings and my issues into a journal to try to get some of my emotions out.

• I feel sorry for you and I would say just join some self help group, try doing yoga, if there is only one person then punch the sucker in nose and if many I would suggest always keep an escape route, try to increase your confidence by speaking in front of mirror and burn the journals it would be for your better trust me.

• Thank you so much! :D

• You are welcome. :)

• No, never. It's actually the opposite, I'm considered as a "popular" teen

• Very much for the way I look. Mostly by guys both physical and mental. I have gained some confidence after that and I am not as shy anymore but it definetly has left a mark. I am scared to date because I feel like I am ugly or not good enough and that the guys will just be mean to me and not like me. It has definetly made me very insecure about my looks.

• It does leave a scar which is quite deep to fill, I feel insecure too that's why I never ever say yes to any proposal.

• I was bullied a lot thoughout middle school for being a chubby kid. I didn't deal with it. I was a coward and chose to run away from my problems and to not go to school. That wasn't a good way to deal with things.

To cope, I ate... A LOT. I became more overweight. I also drew pictures and wrote stories.

Fast forward a few years later and I learned from those experiences and how to deal with things in a healthy manner.

• People used to make fun of me saying I was weird (in a bad way) and had stick legs. I ended up going on to be a professional model :)

• Yeah. I tried to ignore it and I wrote a poem about it. It wasn't extreme so I figured nobody would do anything about it so I didn't tell.

• Okay :) and good luck with your poems, I love to read them.
      I tried to write but after sometime I realized that I simply never got that magical touch.

• It is sad poetry... did you wrote during the time you were bullied... Anyways no need to tell, it was a beautiful poetry. :)

• Yeah, I wrote it during the time I was being bullied /:
      It's nothing, but thanks

• I was bullied many times. I should have seemed help by telling teacher about it. Some kids were successful getting it out by telling their teacher