Anyone agree that crushes are stupid?

They give you more pain than happiness

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you don't do something about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're a negative person and tend to look at the more depressing side of things, then yeah, I guess that's an opinion some people have. Personally, I see crushes as something that allows us to feel really great emotions, it allows for dopamine and serotonin to be released in the brain, it helps us grow as people and see things from a different perspective. Relationships are wonderful and necessary to human progression, but yes, they can cause us pain when the relationship doesn't work out. Whether or not that pain overpowers the happiness and lessons we learn/get from that experience is entirely subjective. I used to think like you until I realized that everything happens for a reason. I stopped trying to control every aspect of my life and instead held the belief that what is meant to be, will be. Thinking this way has not only made me a happier person, but I also experience less pain when it comes to relationships ending, because I have an easier time letting go and moving forward.

What Guys Said 3

• My first crush was an intelligent girl (she still is!) but crushing on her was plain stupid.

• Crushes unfortunately are usually one sided and never end up well. Of course there are exceptions

• i'm going to prove you wrong in a few days babe

What Girls Said 10

• Every situation is unique to it's own.

Not all crushes cause the pain you are speaking about.

Some crushes turn into relationships.

So this really all depends on the stand point and perspective you are coming from.

• No. I don't mind them. Sure, they cause heartbreak sometimes, but it still doesn't bother me. I get over it after a time.

• I don't think they are, even if they don't work out, it's a natural part of being human.

• aah.. well they are..

• There not stupid if you end up being with them.

• Nah, I love having crushes lol

• Its not always like that.

• no crushes aren't stupid I like having crushes

• Not always. That's what normally starts relationships, mutual crushes.

• Crushes, crush you in to a thousand pieces.