Does anyone long to know who God is?

Most Helpful Guy

• the more we study our surroundings, the easier it is to believe that there is a creator

What Guys Said 16

• God is a social construct that serves as a placeholder for the unknown and an omniscient enforcer of civil obedience.

Many cultures throughout history have used God to describe naturally occurring phenomenon. They've also used the fear of God to govern societies without the means to enforce law behind closed doors.

God isn't a person or an entity. God is the very existence of our own ignorance of the universe and our own biology. The more we learn, the more the "God construct" recedes into the horizon.

• That's an interesting way of thinking of things, but it is not the truth. God wasn't created by us, we were created by Him.

• I can link sources and force you to read all of them to prove a point, all you're doing is stalling.

I've studied each man named in that PDF, they are all creationists with a purely Judeo-Christian worldview. The arguments they make are incredibly tiresome to address over and over, because they make the same fallacious arguments.

2000 years ago, Stephen Meyer would argue that there is no evidence that the world is round. 500 years later, he would argue that there is no evidence that the Sun is the center of the universe. Now the crackpot is arguing that our DNA is inconceivably complex. That's personal incredulity and God of the Gaps combined.

You don't know what you're talking about.

• I'm sorry, I have a degree in this. I most certainty do. I am done answering. I am not here to argue. Your mind is closed. End of discussion.

• 3|3
    • no that is not him

• For what asker, he seems perfectly fine to me.

Hugs for SmoMan!😊

• @AzureGirl whether or not I am fine is a totally separate issue, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

• If God had a name, what would it be? And would you call it to His face? If you were faced with Him in all His glory what would you ask if you had just one question?

• According to the Christian belief, or in general?

To me, the term "god" is part of three major rules of the universe
    Energy/Soul, Matter and Time.

I don't need to know who someone is.. all I need to know
    is that I, as well as everything else within the bounds of cosmos exists.

• According to who He is. God isn't a force, He is a being. He can live inside of us, but He is separate from us. You aren't God, you have only the power of a mortal.

• One should accept himself, loving yourself is narcissism. One should realize God loves him/her.

• Narcissism is a human made term though, and by that sense hold little value to the bigger picture
      self love is stated as a "norm" a "default position" anything else would be "abnormal" no?

• I'm pretty sure god is not Steve Buschemi
    Way I see it, he'll tell us individually when we are ready

• Let me introduce you:
    https://youtu.be/nplemK3Y4ns

• I know God personally.

• It's a man-made concept, created to help weakened minds who cannot embrace science or think for themselves (or dare not to).
    God is not great.
    Just my take on it.

• I'll meet him when I die

• I already know

• ya ofcourse

• i have a more ques
      if god comes in front of you what would you ask?

• is he the lead singer of that new band your sister likes?

• 1. Don't have a sister 2. God isn't a person

• and you have no sense of humour... oh well x

• It's not meant to be a funny question. I actually have a wonderful sense of humor, thanks.

• no, since i'm an atheist.

• I'm assuming he's God

• What?

• I'm not asking for help, I already know Him lol

• Lol alright well I'm not a believer lol I don't know what made me answer this, sorry for wasting your time!

• he's everything, including you.

• God is a being separate from everything and everyone

• Not God in spirit, but God incarnate on most certainty can.

• *one

• Nope, never cared tbh.

• At least you're honest lol

• Who would want to associate with something that is cool with children suffering, war, pestilence, diseases, slavery, plenty of killing in his name, exterminating millions, the hoarding of wealth by his churches etc.
    No thanks.

• He is not cool with it, but there is something called free-will.

• And then man SINNED and brought a curse into the world

• Your suggesting that was a surprise to him? Because by your own religious doctrine that in itself would be a sin.
      Not to mention it would be a pretty sick for god to then witness the unintended suffering that was a result of the way he created things and ignore it. Remember he is all powerful.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm very religious myself but yes, that question does crop up in my mind from time to time but i guess that is the who point of religion. To believe, to have faith and hope. But the only reason we question it is because we haven't seen God for ourselves which is what gives us this sense of 50-50. However, to others who may have felt his presence or experienced miracles, it is a different story

• God is dog spelled backwards. So there you have it!

• The G@G god I like to know him!

• Yes. Everyday I long for it

• God is all & in all.

• If I want to know?
    Sure, I want it

• nah I don't really give a fuck

• What a silly question.

• it isn't silly

• It's a Christian denomination quit splitting hairs though you are reinforcing my point so...

• No, I am saying there are many denominations and not every person within them are Christian.