How do you keep your New Years resolutions?

Are you good at keeping your resolutions? If so how do you go about keeping them?

Made me think about what resolutions I will be making this year. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally never made new years resolutions. I think they're too heavily weighted all at the start of one day. It's like people saying they'll quit smoking saying for the new year I'll go from 30 cigarettes a day to zero. If the focus only begins at the start if the new year and not year round then it'll be unfruitful.

They'll likely give up after a few weeks and wait till next year to Di it again.

I usually don't wait for only 1 time a year to make a change. I begin in the here and now

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't make new years resolutions because they never really stick. I always try to make resolutions and keep them on any given day, or any time I find myself slacking.

However I DO see this as a new year, and fresh start. But not for my resolutions.. more for my life in general. Like hopes to have a better year, make new friends, meet new people, travel more. So I guess those are actual resolutions... but for things that are more important, such as eating healthy and working out, my career, I'm always reassessing those things and making improvements, not just on new years.

What Guys Said 36

• I try to make realistic resolutions that do not have a built in fail rate of 95%.

• ill have to whip myself like animatronio did

www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=futurama+animatronio

• A person has to stay strong and be motivated to keep theirnew year's resolutions. I try to keep mines but slip every once in a while.

• I don't make new years resolutions, buuut... when I do make a major change I stick to it by remembering why I started. When you make a goal it's good to list the pros and cons. Pros of making the change, only listing things that truly excited you. Like if the goal is working out more pros: having more energy to do fun shit, being more attractive to the opposite sex, you'll be physically stronger.
    Then list the cons of not doing this and what your missing out on and have already missed out on by not starting yesterday. Make this list hurt, even make you feel a little guilty. So when you do workout you're motivated in more ways than one. You want to reach your goal for all of the benefits and the feeling of being ashamed/fed up having not started already will fuel you even further.

Do this long enough to become a habit and eventually it'll be harder for you to stop than it is to keep going.

• i don't. they're stupid. it's just shit people tell themselves to make them feel productive. realistically, if it was that important, they wouldn't quit after about 2 weeks and they wouldn't wait till new years to do it and they wouldn't make the same 5 resolutions for the past 10 years.

• I'm not good at keeping them so the best way for me to keep them is to not make them. It is better for me to make the changes I'm after regardless of the time of year and not try to cram them into new years.

• I don't wait until New Year's to make them. For the same reason I don't wait for Valentine's Day to be romantic, for Mother's or Father's Day to show my parents I appreciate them, for birthdays to treat someone special.

If something needs to or should be done, do it. Don't wait.

• I've seen a lot of different ways people use to remember their resolutions.

One of my friends make his passwords a resolution (ie: lose20lbs). He says it doesn't always work because he sometimes saves his passwords but that overall its better because he thinks about it every time he uses an account.

Personally I write them on a white board and I don't let myself erase it until I've accomplished that goal.

This question though really depends on the person them self, its kind of like studying in a way, just find what works for you.

• I keep them by not making them. I make resolutions throughout the year. I make them because they are what must be done, or should be done.

• P. s., Is your username a reference to The Guild on YouTube?

• I don't make any it's a waste of time and effort you should instead focus on your goals all year around every moment of every day, not just at the new year.

• I rarely have New Years resolutions.

• Never actually made new years resolutions. Never saw the point after so many people don't ever committ

• Usually by sleeping for a year! can't break any promises that way lmao

• I've never had any new year's resolution's in the past, but i made a list today. Any funny enough, it fits this article :D They are quantifiable, well defined, and realistic. I guess engineering education made me this way.

• Goethe said that if we fixed a defect on our personality every year, we will soon be perfect.

We don't need big changes. One small change can bring a waterfall of changes

Like a small domino piece you push, the first small step propels you to the next.

• I don't. I don't like putting a time for good habits. You should just do them all the time

• By not making any

• I am very good at it for some reason. I just think of an end goal every time I make a resolution. For instance I gave up smoking last year now I have more energy!!

• will power. As Yoda says.. Do or do not, there is no try.

• I don't take any, so I don't have a problem keeping them :P

• do not make them to begin with

• I typically fail within a week. 😓

• I make a New Years resolution once to not make anymore New Years Resolutions, so far so good!

• I don't make New Year's Resolutions; I change summat the day that I decide I need to change summat.

• I keep them in my pocket :P

• Just... do it?

I mean, there's no amount of articles or self promises that can make you do it - only your motivation.

• Make the New Year resolution very broad or a milestone in a long-term goal you already have.

• you don't make one

• I don't make one that's how :p

• I don't make any. I'm a spontaneous person when it comes to this

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 17

• I don't make new years resolutions. If I determine that I need to change something in my life, I'll do it when it feels right, not on an arbitrary date. I think if you want to make meaningful changes in your life you have to be in the right head space and your circumstances should be conducive to the change.

• I don't. Simple as that.

• As I get older, I find the first 5 days after the weekends are always the hardest.

• Don't make any.

• Real change comes sporadically. It is motivated from within not a calendar.

• I start today!

• I make new years resolutions. I break them the first week into the new year. Never works out. Oh well.

• I don't take resolutions, I've been working for what I want since September.

• by not making one.

• I dont make them since I don't Keep to them

• I don't do that crap. It's just plain stupid shit and usually pointless. It's like setting goals that you're not gonna do

• My resolution is to not make any New Year's resolutions.

• I don't make them. Because I know I won't keep them. Too much pressure.

• I tell friends so they can remind me of them incase I dont commit

• My New Years resolution is the same every year: don't make New Years resolutions.

• I almost never keep my resolutions.

• Just eat healthy and take care of the things I am supposed to and see what comes next

• I don't know what those are