Has technology (science) made humans weak?

For example, weak genes are able to be passed on and on instead of dieing out.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I think they are becoming weak physically and mentally. That and some other things are forms of reverse eugenics. I don't believe in eugenics, but I don't believe in reverse eugenics either.

Human are becoming extremely weak and lazy. I've seen a very noticeable change in just my lifetime. Humans in first world countries have gotten so spoiled that they don't even know what adversity means. First world problems so to speak. People don't want to work. They want to sit on their ass in an office and never do any real manual labor. They are afraid to get their hands dirty, as if that's below them. Then they go to the gym to compensate for not using their body the way it was designed to be used. But the gym is a poor substitute for doing real work.

The one that really gets me are the people who hop in their car to drive across a parking lot to get closer to another store in the same complex. Do they really need to drive a couple hundred yards?

Another one is calculators, which didn't exist when I was in high school. People can't do math in their head any more. They can't even do simple things. That part of their brain has become non-functional.

• haha, I do that in the parking lot. But then again, I bike to stores 2km from my house so it evens out.

• I'm tempted to do it every now and then, but I refuse to give in. I walked a ways in the pouring rain last night. Water doesn't hurt you, really. :P

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 9

• Not really. Human can now really fuck shit up without even trying. Way back in the day we humans invented a new shiny piece of technology called the spar. Best thing since sliced bread I tell ya what. Now instead on taking on smaller animals we can conquer larger beast. Now 190lbs Johnny Caveman tell 400lbs Yogi the Grizzly Bear "bring it scrublord" and maybe not die and maybe put more food on the table for little Jimmy and Jan. Fast forward, turn of the century Johnny has the latest and greatest in tech; a gun. Now he can totally murder Yogi. Maybe his family too. Now there is plenty of bear steak and little Jimmy can grow big and strong to die in WW1. Fast forward to modern day. John is President of a Super Power. For years they devolved new technology. Now John has access to more than enough nuclear weapons to level the earth several times over, drones, and fresh outta the lab kinetic bombardment satellites and laser weapons. Now if a grizzly bear looks at John the wrong way with a push of a button he can murder all the bears. Even the Chicago Bears and Cubs. With tons of bear steak little Jimmy is now a fat fuck.

• Pretty much yes, and it's sad, when you'd think time would make us better, but it doesn't.

• Technology is just a tool to be used by it's wielder. If anythings responsible for weak genes getting in the gene pool it's humanity's compassion and tolerance if the stupid

• Yeah we are evolving not to use our muscle's anymore besides big guys on steroids in the gym with small nuts.

• Absolutely, we rely on technology more than human instinct, i was actually thinking about this earlier today, what if suddenly all humans have to survive in the wild, without food, hospitals or any other modern luxury... how many will survive?

• well , at least half of us would die, there is just too many humans to survive on the land without human made agriculture.

• I think around 70-80% will die, because of starvation or simple wound infections, we've become so useless we can't do anything without help.

• I think it would be more like 99% would die. The planet is vastly over populated and totally dependent on technology for our survival. So even if people know how to survive, they couldn't because the planet can't support the population.

Imagine if we suddenly ran out of fuel overnight. How long would the food supply last? The stores would be empty in no time, with no way to replenish. We are dependent on transporting food over vast distances, from warm climates to colder climates, from fertile areas and to non-fertile areas. How long would it take for every animal to be hunted down and eaten? The best hunter and survivalist would die simply because the land is depleted.

• Still benching hella lot doe, keep mirinin

• we still have fat people, and weak people, genes don't die

• no where just getting weaker as humans we use to live longer now we die at age 80 to 100

• no, they've allowed themselves