Why would my mother bash my father to the extent his whole mouth bleeds and has a red eye/bloodshot eyes?

My mother has laid her hands on me before, hit my nose to the extent where it hurt and has also ran after me with a knife years ago. When I was drunk she once just randomly pushed me over. My parents started drinking the other night and started to argue, they then went to bed and I went to sleep. I was woken up to my mother screaming and her yelling out that my father had apparently hit her. I ran in and I immediately assumed (which was silly) that my father had hit my mother, as she claimed he did yet he said he didn't. My dad had blood running from his mouth and there was blood on the floor as my mum had clearly punched him hard quite a few times. The arguing kept escalating so I called the police and my mother shy'ed away and wouldn't even look at the policemen. My dad told me to stop talking about it, forget it and not be rude to my mother about it. However, the next morning, I started to swear at my mother out of anger and she was obviously offended and claimed I had to "apologise" to her.

Most Helpful Guy

• So crazy, gee wizz! Your mom seems like a hypocrite. Drinking makes people crazy, it is HER who needs to apologize to you, perhaps your dad also.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your Mom needs to get some help.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Drunk people do stupid things, but honestly wow what a violent household, I am sorry x

• Your mother sounds like a horrible bitch

• Your mother needs help and like now... heard many family tragedies that end up to death because of anger... if she continues to be so violent its pretty possible that someone in your family will end up dead.. sorry if im offencive but there are so many cases of family members killing one another for nothing just ANGER. . no on purpose but by accident.. later its too late to regret !