What does this picture mean to you?

what does this picture mean to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• So many people live under unhappy circumstances and yet won't take initiative to change their state coz they are conditioned to a life of security and conservatism. She feel caged like a bird but longing to be free.

Most Helpful Girl

• Reality is, there may be a way to physically escape a situation, but the person still feels trapped and longs to be free in the way she dreams it.

I think this can be true in both conservative and liberal societies though we usually just associate this with conservative.

What Guys Said 20

• we see birds as animals that can fly free. flying and the air kind of represent a sense of infinite possibility... freedom

the cage represents body the head, while the bird is our brain, thoughts, emotions, soul. the door is open showing that we have the opportunity to be free but are confined by the brain

The Socratic philosophers believed the soul to be infinite and eternal and our bodies were purely vessels for a period of time.

So i think the bird is our soul/brain and it is caged (restrained) by our body

• The 3 images I get
    (1) The cage is formed in shape of a female head
    (2) The songbird is black and seems silent facing away from cage door
    (3) The cage door is open.
    The beautiful songbird (thoughts) are silent almost fading into insignificance. The bird is coloured black and black animals are often symbols of sadness. It is facing away from open door through fear or not knowing it is open. The cage door is open and unimpeded. I would take it as a feminist image because the head is a woman but I agree with others these feelings could affect either gender.

• To me, it means that we are locked inside of our own minds and need to be set free.

• We trap our thoughts and feelings inside. We need to open up ourselves and take flight.

• Bird brain 🙂

• To reach our dreams we need to think outside the box.

• It means open your mind.
    A bird's natural environment is outside a cage, flying around and seeing the world, not being trapped.
    Same with a mind, it should be open to the world, to new experiences and lessons.

• Edgar Allen Poe he had a fascination with ravens. That pictures seems like something he'd put on book he wrote or something.

• some coping bullshit.

• The enslavement we often feel is just an illusion.

• Love that sentence - I waffled for a long paragraph and got nowhere near a description as good as that.

• I'm so bad at interpreting things.
    All I see is a girl with a bird for a brain. Idfk

• BIRDMAN 2!

• Looks a bit pretentious.

• It means that the exit will always be the rear end

• Nothing.. Really its meant nothing for me

• the brain set free

• the body limits the capabilities of the mind

• Don't put a wall infront of yourself and sabotage yourself. Put yourself out there, you have the power to choose your life and destiny, the door is open.

• Thoughts of that girl being trapped and caged...

• Nothing.

It's just a weird bird cage...

What Girls Said 11

• The door is open. Everyone has a sort of need for freedom, but are often so trapped in their self loathing that they fear taking the risks of being free. Often times the person doesn't even notice that door because they're so entranced in their emotions or busy worrying about what others will think. Some times no one sees the door opening right behind them, and others choose to conform to the caged beliefs of those around them. Either way, they cannot be freed.

• to me, anything with a bird in a cage symbolises the freedom we have but don't use because we're held back by fear. i guess in this case, the girl has many dreams, aspirations and hopes, but in fear, she prefers to keep the bird safe in the cage, rather than fly.
    she believes that one day the bird will be set free though. that's indicated by the open door.

• Our minds long to be free. Our minds can see outside themselves but remain caged. If there is freedom, it eludes us (hence the open door in the back). The mind could sing but remains silent and sleeps. We are our own jailers and don't realize it.

• Kinda depressing.
    The birds are a symbol for freedom but the birds in a cage are a symbol for being caught/stuck ~ so since the cage in this case is a human head I would interpret that this art work is meant to criticise freedom of speech and how it is linked to freedom of thought and the limitations of it because really, I think so many people aren't following their dreams just because somebody else would judge them for it or tell them not to..

• Sometimes we cannot say something which is in our minds. And this makes us very sad. We think that all time... Can it be?

• Something weird! haha! like women are brainless!

• close minded stuff

• That you have every opportunity to free yourself, but we would rather be stagnant, unhappy, and content in our our current situation because we are afraid of change.

• she's trapped in her thoughts... of a bird?

• It looks like symbolism for close-mindedness.

• The mind needs to be set free you are a slave to your thoughts and emotions.