Why does saying that I will not allow my child to play football automatically mean my future kids will be p*ssies?

Its incredibly juvenile and stupid just because you play tackle football does not make you a man.

Most Helpful Guy

• lol that really does sound stupid
    I had to read it two times, and be like 'Huh?'

• I guess I am just dumbfounded by the logic of some people on here. Some users keep telling me that if my future son does not play football because I won't let him, I will raise a wuss and my son will never be a real man. I think I will be more focused on him being a good person. Plus I have heard plenty of news stories of players having to be care flighted or even dying on the field.

• yes i am talking about American football the rate of brain damage is too high. I know someone who know has heart damage as a result of playing American football for years. Whats even more disgusting is that the coach could not care less about his heart damage he still wanted him to play. My senior year some kid who was young, I think he was a freshman had to be care flighted off the field. I would encourage my future child to play soccer or as you call it, football.

• Football isn't the only sport out there, luckily for us ^-^
      I'd say, look around, do research, visit demonstrations...

What Guys Said 5

• If I were the father of a child that WANTED to play football , said child would get to play it Wherther his mom was on board or not. Raising children isn't a one parent makes all the decisions deal. I don't and won't be dictated to. Discusting thing is a wonderfully adult thing to do , and often works things out without drama and butt hurt feeling.

• Nope, it means you care a lot that your kids not getting concussions. Play basketball or soccer instead.

• Have him play soccer instead

• I would encourage my child to play soccer or baseball. Basically any sport but tackle football.

• Soccer is a real sport, while football is about men with potential homosexual urges jumping on each other.

• Well first of all it's not just your decision to make, unless you're a single parent I guess, and second it's because that's what usually happens when you coddle your kids too much. I'm not saying anyone should push their kids into playing football but if your kids wanted to play football and you'd stop them, that wouldn't be good.

• how is taking a hit towards the head supposed to make you a man? I shattered my foot when a 250 pound slab of granite fell on it. I was 12 years old. Does that automatically make me an adult?
      I am not letting my child play because they are likely to get brain damage. Plain and simple. My brother wanted to play tackle football and he had the perfect body for a wide receiver but my parents said no and he was fine with that and that's because it was not him making the rules.

• Yes they are likely to get brain damage. Someone i graduated high school with now has heart problems as a result of playing tackle football for years. Whats disgusting is that his coach still wanted him to play and could not care less about his heart damage. A majority of high school football team had to stop playing football because of injuries and our team sucked after that. At least other high schools took pity on us. During my senior year of high school a young kid, i think he was a freshman had to be care flighted off the field. And i have heard one too many news stories of players just flat out dying on the field.

Sorry i think i am mixing up the comments some other user told me that if i don't allow them to play tackle football, they will never be a real man. Unless technology magically gets better, and better helmets are invented or something, I will likely not let them play.

• Those are all single examples, brain damage is not likely at all, its in fact unlikely.

There are plenty of injuries in all sports, football is no exception. It's a physical sport so injuries will happen but almost all of them are minor and thats just a part of life. Like I said you shouldn't force your kid to do any specific sport, but if he wants to play football and you dont allow him, that's not good parenting.

• Why won't you let him play football?

• Brain damage and a multitude of other injuries. I know someone who I went to high school with who has heart problems as a result of playing tackle football

What Girls Said 1

• why doing that to your kid? let him enjoy sports.

Look, I hate football, but I'll let my kid play it if that's what he wants

• I don't want them to play because of the risk of brain damage is too high unless technology suddenly gets better and better helmets are invented I will encourage them to play soccer or baseball.