My coffee pot takes an hr to make a pot... Should I smash it with a hammer?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Is the coffee hot when it is finished? If so, you probably have excess lime deposits that are clogging the passages or the heating element. Have you tried cleaning it with white vinegar or an oxalic acid cleaner?

• I actually got it out of storage... It was kinda dusty, and i rinsed it out well... I've only ran water so far, good thing cuz there are some- I don't know what, looks like chunks of dust coming out.. I just startted the second 12 cups... It works fine, but i think its clogged somewhere... I was scared to use soap, i have vinegar... What is oxalic acid? Will it say that on the bottle?

• Yea I agree it is likely lime deposits. I have super bad lime where I live and I have to run it through my coffee maker about once a month or so. Just fill the reservoir with white vinegar and run it through. Use a filter. Run it through several times and change the filter if you see a lot of lime collecting n the filter. After several times you'll have to run straight water through several more times to rinse the taste out.

I also recycle the vinegar instead of pouring it down the drain. I put it in the sink with water and soak dishes that have spots or lime build up on them. It also works to pour it in bathroom sinks filled with water to let soak.

• @NearlyNapping thanks.. Ya it works great now... Vut i either 1) drank WAY too much coffee or 2) drank some residual CLR remover (idk how cuz i folowed the directions on the bottle for this exact problem, and flushed it very well) but my guts have been going crazy all day, and i was up all night last night.. I think i drank way too much coffee. lMAO... I was just so excited!!!

What Girls Said 4

• You could... But then you would never get the coffee!

• lol yes. ////////////////

• No, coffee is more important bruh.

• Lol... I've made like 3 cups out the microwave before its even finished :(... Its more like an hr and a half... I was thinking the same, but its so tempting 😤

• Why waste your time simply go buy a new one.

What Guys Said 6

• If you do make sure to get it on video.

• don't smash it just toss it out and get a french press. best coffee you can make in your house

• Much better idea to put it in recycling pile, go to store and buy one that works.

• If it's s full it takes like 5 to 10 min for mine

• You should have smashed it when you realized it made that skanky soup coffee

• YOU SOUND LIKE YOU NEED COFFEE RIGHT NOOOOOWWW!!!