Got fired because I missed 2 days of work?

So I was working in retail and today I came into work maybe like a minuet late. And right as I star to work to my manager says we nee to talk. By the way I must say my manager is an ass. I never worked for someone who was so rude and annoying. He would snap at everyone an disrespect his co-workers and puts everyone down its ridiculous. One of the days I missed i didn't call in but i thought id be okay since i haven't really been gone. Then the other day i missed i wasn supposed to work, well when he fired me he said i was. My scheduele said i was off that day. Is 2 days a lot of days to miss? Or is he a ass?

I was inthe hospital for a kidney in fection one of those days by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• A no call no show is a pretty serious infraction. Add being late onto that and it doesn't help. It's on you. Your boss may very well be an ass but this is on your shoulders.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well of u didn't call, then it's kinda ur fault... we had people at my store who were hired, they worked a little while, then disappeared without a phone call for 3 days straight, and we fired her... cuz ur putting other people to work unexpectedly for u even though they might have special plans or whatnot. U can't just not call in...

• I was in the hospital.. and i didn't disappear it was one day I came to work the next day when really I shouldn't have

• He didn't care about that

• Well he's a dick then...

What Guys Said 6

• Yes two days is a lot to miss especially when you don't call in, that shows you don't give a damn about your job. At place you are fired immediately for not calling in unless it was an extreme special occurrence. Good luck in your future endeavors.

• Thats true but i had a kidney infection... so i care about my health more. I was in the hopsital and i told him that

• no, he is running a business and needs reliable employees

• I can't help gettin sick tho either

• No call no show = cause for immediate termination.

• Ehhh since you didn't call in I don't know hard one. If you have some money you could maybe sue for lost wages and firing you. You need a lot to fire someone.

• retail is a high turnover business.

he probably thought you weren't worth it, especially as you didn't call in.

• He's an ass, thought I'd put it

What Girls Said 5

• he's a fucking asshole

• In the US, employment is at will, meaning employer can fire you for any reason that is not considered discriminatory under state or federal law.

So though he's an ass, you not showing up, especially that first day when you didn't call in, was reason enough for him for firing you.

• Just once? And plus its not like i didn't have a reason I was at the hospital that day i had a freaking kidney infection I even told him that :( and the other time Im not goin to call in if it says i dont need to work

• I was just going by what you wrote in the question. Perhaps it was not only that one time, but being late the next that exacerbated it.

With the new information, your boss was certainly an ass but like I said, employment is at will. So they can fire you for almost any reason unless it's illegal. The circumstance is unfortunate, but it is what it is. At least now you know what to do and not work for an asshole boss.

• Its your Job. In a Job you work. You dont miss a day whenever you fucking want to.

• What the fuck are you talking about i was in the hospital. Can you read?

• Yes I can. "I was in the hospital ONE of those days." Also, you need to call if you're missing a day you can't just decide not to go (important or not) they have to know. Also it sounds like you don't want opinions/advice you just want us to agree with you, pity you, and call your manager an ass.

• You are easy to replace. Since minimum wage is going up a lot are going to be fired, and replaced not saying that was your case. You aren't that great of a employee.

• I am just not with that horrible business i have worked several jobs successfully with no problems at all

• Well the fact you never called probably worsened it. Have you been there a while or were you relatively new to the job? That could have been another deciding factor.

• It was a new job and it was my first real one so im kinda new at this whole thing. He is an ass because he never gave me any info at all. he never told me there was a schedule posted. I had to find out