💟How did you deal with sexual repression?

Sexual repression is a state in which a person is prevented from expressing his or her sexuality. Sexual repression is often associated with feelings of guilt or shame being associated with sexual impulses.

((My Life story!)) I grew about around a typical religious environment. Church activity and everyday on Sunday I would vist and pray! Now, my mom never talked about sex but my mom would and still is judgmental of girls who looked or acted slutty! As a kid I assume that was normal for a proper young lady to not have sexual thoughts in their heads. My whole family has always made me feel that women shouldn't behave sexual and kinda of made me feel guilty for a couple of years bc I did think about sex! Later in my young life, I fully represses my feeling because I didn't want be seen dirty or slutly or anything like that. Of course I know sex is normal and blah blah but at this time in my life I was hating myself for having sexual desire!

I personally, I realized that it wasn't normal and I was always judging myself for simply thinking of sex. I decide to cut the crap and express myself. What I learn is that its a natural feeling like crying and no-one should ever repress any kind of feeling! Tell me how you dealt with it or how you deal with this. Whats your attitude toward all this?
#JUDGEtheapple
XOXO🍎

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up in a religious environment as well. It really comes down to the person, depends on if they wish to be independent... or not. I bestowed my V-card apon someone at 16 so it was without a doubt me vs. me.
    Thats the mistake people make, they think its everyone else stopping them, however it is simply always going to be me vs me. Others can influence that if you allow them too but it is simple to remain distant from others thoughts so they don't impede your own. Again its always going to be you vs you. No one is stopping you from eating right, exercising, getting the right education, it is always going to be you-v-you. That's what i had to come to grips with, once you understand you are the main resistance the constant struggle you in particular have been facing WILL subside.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's never bothered me much to be honest. realistically, u can't shut out sexual thoughts from the mind if you try, all you can do is hold them off by doing or thinking something else till they come back.

i've never found it difficult to not have sex, despite opportunities in my life to do so. i think I'm okay with repressing it because i know why I'm doing it, and for me that outweighs actually doing it. i release sexual energy mainly through physical activity or writing out my thoughts into romance. overall, i have self control, and it's my choice. i kinda like that people don't see the sexual side of me too [in real life]. it makes me feel mysterious :P

What Guys Said 16

• I think it's great that you were able to overcome that crap, good for you. Me personally, I am young, but after thinking about it a lot, I have come to the realisation that my sexuality is very important to me, and that I could not be with someone who is not as open, confident and driven as I am when it comes to their sexuality. Which is a hard thing to keep myself too, because there aren't many woman out there, my age, with an attitude reflective of yours, and even the ones that do, you generally have to dig to find that out.

• I do physical activists, I write, romance, other things, paint, and I don't try to supress sexual thoughts I just simply embrace them and let my mind wonder and do what it does best.

I have self control I remember why I'm doing it and for who, I've had plenty of opportunities to do it, but I'm waiting until marriage, no matter what, it's important to me that I do it that way.

• Haha I don't know if you ever watched Grounded for life but the dad on their finally gets the sex talk from his father while he is holding his newborn child haha. This made me think of this. I think we're in a newer age were sex is more open so newer parents will be comfortable talking about sex with their children

• Yeah I guess we are the new generation! haha

• wow~We did none of that! We label penis and vaginas and that was about it! Well what about the emotional part and the experience~ Maybe its because they can't teach religion! But I mean they should of sat us all down and it explain to us! There would be less idiots out in the world today!

• Haha true that. Not everyone is fit to be a parent

• I never had a sexual repression. I just can't express myself sexually.

• Badly too start with, trying to fit in.

Now I don't care, but I frighten people away with my "needs" so too speak as they are not vanilla.

• as my profile says i struggle with my sexuality, liking guys that way is something i'm only just getting my head round. guilt/self hate/loathing its all there.

• Aw... I am sorry! I did not know. Same here! But I feel much improve!

• i know what i like, i don't like me for liking it!

• ): have you try to change the negative thinking! Everyone derseve to be happy!

• So much porn hub😂

• Why is everyone always on porn hub! Like come on! You click the first on thing you saw didn't you!! haha

• 😂 no dude plus I'm on Oher sites but porn hub has all my favorites 💁🏻

• haha! LOL! oh nice mental note!

• Men prefer their women like they prefer their sodas. We prefer those that haven't come into contact with other men's penises.

• Hmmmm... welp, Xvids' where it's at XD.

• Everyone has own way

• HOLD ON LOL YOU REALLY THINK THERE SEXUAL REPRESSION LMAO HAHAHAH

• Good take
    I feel pretty much every society (west or not) is suffering this.

• i'm a virgin but i def. wanna have sex. i just want to be in a relationship first.

• There is nothing wrong with sexual repression. All people do not have the right to their fantasies as some are immoral are down right evil. Like Beastiality or Pedophilia or Homosexuality.

• My sexual repression has turned me into someone that's addicted to battle.

• I would probably talk to a therapist about your repressions, but I've never went to one, there are two things I would do, one watch porn, (Nope, won't do that, too much of that), two hire a female escort to help you with this issue, but be safe, do no incalls only outcalls in safe well-lit places like hotels, bring protection (condoms) and watch your things, most importantly be safe.

What Girls Said 2

• I used to feel so horrible when I thought about sex because my environment was pretty much the same. My parents never talked about sex but it was pretty clear that it was "slutty" subject to discuss and not necessary. However, I learned that its completely normal to have those thoughts because if we didn't then we would end as a species! However, I think sometimes the other extreme is sexualizing everything and exaggerating our sexual fantasies and purposely hammering thoughts in our heads. We can't control what pops into our heads but we have a little bit more control what stays in there.

• Mastuebating is the key