Is it illegal to change the color of your car?

That is to say without informing any authorities.

Most Helpful Girl

• Didn't even think about this.. Maybe not in Mexico.

Most Helpful Guy

• Changing the colour of your car is not illegal. Withholding the fact that your car is no longer black but red is illegal. Any color changes require you "by law" to inform Ministry of Transportation (or equivalent in your place of origin) as well as to inform the Insurance Company of this changes. Failure to do so may result in:

1 - Loss of insurance/No insurance coverage during an accident
    2 - Fines or Probationary Term as per Federal law

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, without informing any authorities (and pay, obviously) is illegal.

What Guys Said 8

• If Grand Theft Auto San Andreas taught me anything, it's that a quick trip to Pay N Spray will wipe out your wanted level and shake the jakes loose👍

• When I was really into the car scene I knew of a few guys who changed their whole car and had no issues

• No 😂💁🏻it's not

• Yes. If the information on your registration doesn't match the car, you will be fined.

• Not in GTA games lol.

• No it isn't.

• no...
    ///

• I never had a problem and you wouldn't have to inform the authorities just change it on your title before selling it