If a store gave you too much change would you be honest and tell them then give it back?

... or would you keep it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely give it back.

I've worked behind a counter myself and I know what's it like when your till doesn't balance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always do bc i dont want it to come out of the cashiers pay check. she or he could really need it.

What Guys Said 11

• I always do if I notice it. It's happened several times, but not for a long time. All the registers say what the change is supposed to be now. So the clerks don't make nearly as many mistakes as when they had to figure the change themselves.

• Depends on how broke i am at the time... Unless i really know the cashier

• I never really count change so it would be an honest mistake. By the time I realize I wouldn't feel like going back

• If I notice immediately, give it back.

If I'm already at home and driving to the store would cost more than the extra change/is not practical to go back,
    I'll probably just offset it on my next purchase - if I remember.

If it's a huge amount, yeah, I will notice and give it back.

• You mean like an extra quarter or an extra twenty?
    I wouldn't even notice the quarter, I'd give the twenty back.

• Nah I'd give it back. Change is honestly just a nuisance more than anything.

• Yeah of course.

• of course, huge believer in karma

• always give it back.

• I would give it back, altho they also let me pay more sometimes.

• I have done.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I would

• Yes i would give it back! Karma is a real bitch.. I wouldn't want to mess with that, plus, it's not hard to be honest and a good person and just give the change back.

• Id be honest and give it back...

• I'd give it back if Im still in the store. But if I dont count the change until I go home (which is what I usually do) then oh well