What is one emotion you think human beings could live perfectly well without?

I think sadness.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose it's 'love'!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think we can live without any of our emotions. We need joy to celebrate the good in life, but we need sadness to remind us that we have to enjoy our precious moments. We wouldn't even know what joy was without the sadness. We need fear and disgust because those two actually keep us alive. We fear bears so we don't try to hug them, we are repulsed by mold so we don't get those toxins from it. We also need anger because it fuels us. I use my anger to keep myself worked up and remember not to give up. I want to strive for success, and my anger gives me something to reign in and transform into passion.

What Guys Said 20

• We could live perfect without all negative emotions.

It is possible to have happiness without sadness, for example.
    We would then be happy or not happy. And when we are not happy we don't have to replace that with sadness. We would still understand that being happy is more preferable than being not happy/neutral. We don't need sadness to teach us that. Same goes with all negative emotions.

But we have emotions for a reason. They are a direct result of our values, expectations and relationship with ourself and other people and events. Some seem to think that emotions come from nowhere and is "inflicted" upon them when in reality we are all our creators of our own emotions. Change your values and expectations and your emotions will be transformed.

• Hate.. jelousy... Wanting a nye kiss 😭😭😭😭

• I think jealousy

• Its not an emotion, but there is one thing i consider the source of all evil in the world.
    Desire.

Desire makes us unhappy with that what we have. Desire makes us make war in order to get that bit extra. This ever growing desire for more makes us break what we already have.

So yeah i think we could life perfectly without desire, we would finally be happy with what we already have.

• Do not forget, Desire is the Driving force of our people, without a desire to do something, a desire to help, or a desire to learn, we wouldn't be anywhere, sure it can be bad at times, but as long as we control it, as long as we learn to live with it and use it in the best ways, we can succeed, together.

• i will say though, you've made an excellent point.

• I agree with sadness being one to do with out, with anger being the other

• None actually, since they all have a place for making us who we are. It may be easy to say hate, anger, jealousy or sadness. But without those things how could we learn, grow or move on. They interconnect with each other too. Not grieving when someone dies, or not caring if someone cheats shows you don't care... or are a robot.

And if everything was perfect all the time it would just be normal, the lows come with the highs, otherwise we'd all be like those people in the film Equlibrium... just existing

• We could live without GUILT!

And then we'd all KILL EACH OTHER WITHOUT REMORSE!

It would be beautiful, wouldn't it?

No?

Yeah, we wouldn't be there to see it.

• There are certain emotions I may rather not feel but I think they all serve a purpose and are important.

• Agression and/or anger.

• justin beiber

• We need sadness to experience hapiness. I would say.. maybe.. jealousy.

• Sadness for sure :-)

• Greed/Jealousy.

• without sadness there'd be no happiness.

• Jealousy without doubt.

• ... Abused... or Pity

• Personally i think anger

• Love. Opens doors for pain.

• I seem to be totally lacking in envy or jealousy and I get along very well.

• T o u g h.

What Girls Said 21

• Jealousy for sure. Life is a much better thing when you're not always wanting what you don't have.

• Greed perhaps

• You are wrong about sadness.

Without sadness, people wouldn't have made great art.
    Read biographies of the world's great artists. Deeply tormented souls, all of 'em. Every last damn one.
    There's just something. Something about melancholy, that drives people to create great things.

Also, without sadness, people would not know true happiness when they had it.

• Very true, if we were constantly happy how would we know any different? It would become the norm, you need depth for perspective

• @26ukdude Yep.

Happy people are boring. There, I said it. They're boring.

Some people are okay with boring. They trade boring, for lack of drama.

Others of us are wired differently. For us, boring is like starvation. It's like a literal need is not being met. Nope.

Could not be with happy smiley all the time person.

• Anxiety

,

• I think it is hate & greed.

Sadness, although undesirable, I think it is a necessary feeling; it can make us appreciate what we have lost and what we have not lost. It can makes us more compassionate toward others so we can relate to them and support them. It can make us appreciate happy times. It can also relieve some stress after it ends.

• evilness that way world peace would be real.

• I think we need sadness to be able to enjoy the happiness.

I think every emotion (positive and negative) is useful, but I think we could live without envy. Envy is my least favorite sin, and I find it to be completely useless. (Envy is different than jealousy)

• HATE! YOU DON'T NEED HATE DAMN IT!

• Jealousy. Such an unnecessary emotion. At least with sadness you're reacting to something negative, which is completely fine and healthy. However jealousy benefits absolutely nobody. It's very draining.

• I think we need them all. It sucks, but they are all necessary in the end.

• Depression, for sure.

• depression

• Greed and jealousy are definitely something we could all do without.

• I choose anger. I understand why you chose sadness but I feel that it helps people learn valuable lessons, it can also give reason to happiness.

• Girl haven't you seen Inside Out? Without sadness we'd all be sociopaths. I think resentment/envy/jealoust are better picks

• Sadness is natural. You need to experience it in order to experience its polar opposite.

• Anger. Without anger people wouldn't be so evil

• Sadness or anger

• Anger, sadness, and envy

• I would say disgust. It usually just leads to looking down on people or things...

• Definitely Greed