Are kids shows getting crappier or is it because Im older?

So looking back at the shows I watched when I was a kid, they werent that bad. Like Drake and Josh for example. That show was the shit, its still the shit. I enjoy Drake and Josh even as an 18 year old.
But then I watch kids shows today and they are terrible.
Its either two things.

1. Kids shows are just getting crappier

or

2. Its because im older now but you still enjoy shows I used to watch as a kid because of nostalgia

which one is it?

• Kid shows are just getting crappier and crappier
  • Its because you're older now but still enjoy shows you used to watch as a kid because of nostalgia
  • both

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah i think i agree, i watch kids shows these days and I'm like wtf? but some stuff is still awesome, like looney tunes and spongebob :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes they are getting creepier. For one thing they moved to computer animation instead of the old way of drawing cartoons and it's getting to close to realism for comfort. Another thing is the themes doesn't make any sense and they've started putting illuminati symbols and crap in them.

What Girls Said 5

• I think they are getting worse esp. Disney haha!

• they are crappy...

• You're 18 you're still a kid lmao

• I'm pretty sure shows on Nickelodeon and Disney aren't meant for 18 year olds tho lol

• I think its because you've grown and aren't the same person as when you were younger. I mean could you sit infront of your TV and watch all the shows you used to when you were a kid? Probably. Would you prefer to do it over something else? Probably not.

• No they are. Producers in Hollywood today are not creative.

• Most of them are totally bad. But there are few that are quite good. But in general, I think they stopped putting as much effort in to them.

What Guys Said 8

• I think it is option B - The nostalgia element

• No they definitely are getting crappier. I saw an episode of Batman the Animated Series from the early 90s the other day. It was awesome. It wasn't nostalgia either. Shows these days really are just low quality.

• It's kids movies as well most are generic the uniqness have disappeared that is partly why kids are "zombies" like.

• Mix of both.
    It won't be long before you're watching TV with a child and their go somewhere and 4 hours later you're still watching children's television.

• i used to think drake and josh was crappy, my favorite was spongebob, i can bare to watch it because of nostalgia, but now i can notice other jokes, otherwise i watched king of the hill and stuff

• kids shows went down the shitter when mr rodgers passed away.

• I feel like very late 90s and early 2000s where 90% of the good kids cartoons.

• Not just kids shows. With the exception of Mythbusters, and a couple other ok shows, I can't watch any new TV, it just sucks. Its like they just stopped trying.