If men are supposed to be *so* much better than women, why do so many guys pretend to be girls on the Internet?

Doesn't it betray their "natural superiority"?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ahh the reasoning behind a "catfish."

The catfish is an interesting breed often, often characterized by whisker like objects, as pictured below.
    www.statesymbolsusa.org/.../...hchannelcatfish.jpg
    The "internet catfish" is a special kind of breed, however. No one really knows what they look like, adding to their mysterious side. However, whisker like objects may be common, often characterized as a "neckbeard."
    popularinternetculture.files.wordpress.com/.../internet-nerd.jpg

Why would an internet catfish pose as someone else?
    Some possible reasons...
    -- They are annoyed with internet creeps and want to troll them by pretending to be someone they aren't. (Guys don't really get messages, but girl profiles do)
    -- They are homosexual and get turned on by messaging dudes and getting dirty responses.
    -- They are actually attempting to trick the female gender by acting as a "relatable" person. That way they can ask supposedly sexual questions without triggering red flags.
    -- They are actually girls themselves, and feel ugly as they are, so they put a fake profile to make themselves feel better... Sometimes asking a question about it as well with the fake picture.

How can one stop the terrifying approach of catfishes?
    Google images, or pray and burn sacrifice to the mighty GAGon and *maybe* he will come depending on how lazy he is.

Why we should still be careful even after Google images.
    Not all pictures are reverse searchable. For instance, if they took an attractive friend's facebook profile picture and set it as their own, there is a chance nothing would pop up from searching it. There is probably also a way to edit photos so they don't pop up.

Moral of the story: Think.

Most Helpful Girl

• *sits in corner and waits*
    Don't mind me, I'm here for the free entertainment.. 🍿

What Guys Said 20

• I think they do it to post questions that support a particular nara time as well as create controversy. For example they might use a female account and post a story about how "she" is thinking of cheating on her boyfriend with a guy who has a huge dick.

Also they might use it to get female users to feel more comfortable talking about sex in private messages.

• particular narrative*

• @BuchitaBuchys

oh it just hit me, "And that other pretty supposedly lesbian chick".

animedreamer? or something similar to that?

• Yeah, you've mentioned that before.

• Who in the hell said men are superior to women? Anyone who thinks in terms of gender superior needs to join MFTOCEM or WWAGTTTR (Men Fixin' Their Own Coffee Every Morning or Women Who Actually Get To Touch The Remote.)

• I'm trying to draw the misogynists out. Shh. Let's observe them in their natural habitat: the internet.

• And there are women who believe all women are superior to men!

• Yeah, those would be called misogynists too. Misogynists are a strange species, coming in a variety of sizes, shapes, colors and genders, but all with a remarkably similar brand of trademark stupidity.

• You do know you are not allowed to smoke beside an open fuel container LoL

• Men aren't better than women. As to why they do that, I cannot say other than they probably think it's fun to troll/catfish.

Now, that being said I wish that GAG allowed us to post questions with not only our identities anonymous, but our genders unknown as well. This is because I am interested in knowing if and to what extent opinions will very if a person's gender is unknown.

• Most people are pretty messed up but guys particularly are all over the place. A few are really great but many are seriously messed up. Women seem to be distributed more closely to their median.

• I think when guys who spout male superiority shit are talking they aren't thinking about themselves but comparing some ideal male to their idea of the average female.

• 1. Spoofing being a girl is advantageous in some situations for example online gaming. Many chivalrous males will give you a lot of free stuff.
    2. This person may be gay or a tranny who wants a girl as their profile.
    3 Trolling
    Their is no such thing as natural superiority. Just males and females making symbiotic relationships to achieve common goals.

• Guys play girls online so they can get free stuff? I sometimes prefer to game as a guy or an androgynous character so I don't get hit on...
      The internet is a strange place. xD

• @Melirain Yep, lol. When I play online games I always take a medic role. So if I play as a girl with the "sexy nurse" I would get hit on.

• Good question. :D

• Attention or to screw with stupid guys who jump to any conclusion when a 'girl' pays attention to them, probably there area few who might want to actually be girls I dunno.

Anyway guys aren't 'so' much better than women and you know that this is a select group of men like 'tomboys' are a select group of women without the nefarious inclination.

• I don't know. They have fucking issues?

Appreciate/crave attention like most human beings?

• Men aren't "so much better then women" that's not even a common conception anymore, at least not here. Maybe it still is in the US.

• I'm trying to provoke the MRAs/MGTOWs into revealing their true prejudices.

• @CoolSky01 ah, there they are.

• Yeah it seems you succeed haha

• They are?

They do?

I've not noticed this. Maybe they're gay and trying to attract men?

• People are weird...

• What if they're transsexuals?

• To defeat your enemy you must think like your enemy!

• You mean like Bruce Jenner?

• Because they like to wear dresses and makeup.

• Because they like to see how people would treat them differently if they were female.

• The extension to this poser is this:

'Why do people empower absurd contentions'

• I have no idea.

• Because they sometimes feel like they should try being inferior sex and resist the slavery

What Girls Said 4

• Hahaha ikr, and they feel the need to troll and make girls look bad. :D Only proves how awesome we are, that they feel the need to tear us down ;)

• They might be secretly gay

Now in all fairness, it does make it easier to catfish girls

• lol. Obviously they just want the perks of being female, what spoiled people they are.

• I don't know but we need more "real men" too many are so screwed up...

• That's not what this is about. I didn't make this question to shame people for their gender identity. I made it to shame misogynists.