Do you guys think New Years Resolutions are pointless?

I kinda think they are 😁

Most Helpful Guy

• It is to those who really never pull through with em.
    It's not for people who stick through it.

I had resolutions, but I just dropped em all

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Yeah I kinda say I will try to be something vague like a better person rather than a specific like MUST GIVE UP CHOCOLATE

• Yeah. I never had one. Its pointless mostly everyone gives up on them I look at it as if you really want to chnage something about yourself why do we need the excuse of new year. You can start changing any day of the week.

• If they needed a worthless holiday to build resolve to do something they won't see it to the end if it isn't something easy.

• Yeah if you're not motivated to do something that you know you should I doubt you'll become motivated just because the eart has completed another lap around the sun

• No, I always set realistic, measurable goals for myself. How else could you improve

• Nah, I don't. I think they're a good tradition and system. They're only pointless if u make them pointless. My resolution is to get good grades. So I'd better hope that I don't give up on this resolution

• i already broke mine. can't stay away from cheese o no.

• I set goals but I set them all year round, I don't wait until new years day to start working towards a goal

• Yeah because most don't follow through or set impossible goals to achieve

• Of course, if everyone followed through with their nye resolution. The world would be a slimmer, happier, more financially stable place. Filled with perfect relationships and squishy things.

• yeah, especially seeing how no one ever keeps them

• I think it gives people a motivation to do something productive. Even if they don't stick with it

• They are only pointless if you don't follow through with them.

• It's not like the new year makes us stop eating the food we love so it really is genuinely pointless.

No ones stopping me from eating fish and chips if i can help it! :O

• no, its just choosing a time to make a change, i mean you can do it at any time of the year

• Yeah I do think they're pointless

• yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• A new year resolution is an awesome idea for a lot of people.

• No, I think they give you something to work for, granted their reasonable

What Girls Said 13

• I never make one!

• Your motivation has to come from within - if you make the resolution to satisfy a new years requirement and not to satisfy a habit or lifestyle - your new years resolution will probably not work out the way you want but if you are ready and willing and determined to make lifestyle changes - not to achieve a result but because you believe strongly in making those sacrifices - then you have a chance of fulfilling your resolutions.

• No, but I already messed mine up. I made a resolution not to say "Fuck". :P

• I do too. If I haven't managed to do it before New Years then I probably won't do it at all, no point in lying to myself about it.

• obviously they are.. that's why my resolution is to never make a resolution. :P

• Depends on what they are

• Yes. If you want to do something, do it. Do it because you want to.

Seems like doing something because "oh the new year resolution" would be a chore more than anything.

• Yeah most people break theirs

• I think that they are too, I mean u end up forgetting to do what u wanted to...

• I kind of agree. things people say they'll do and yet it never gets done

• They are😏

• In a way you should not make goal and then do them and after awhile you forget your resolution.

• I think we can choose to change our lives at any point. So I think new years is quite meaningless, but I don't think resolutions are. It's just a motivator for people to try change their lives, and it's better to try and fail than not even try.