What's the differanct between a phone recorder and a real studio microphone?

If I record the exact same thing in the same voice, will it come out dofferantly on both? Or the same? If so, how different?

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure I understand what your asking? it would probably sound the same?

0|0
    0|0
    • I record a song using my phone microphone vs recording a song using a studio microphone... what's there to not understand?

Most Helpful Guy

• Different quality of recording. In other words they don't record the exact same thing. Recording is just like playback with music. A good quality stereo will sound better than a cheap one.

If you want a more technical answer. They have different frequency responses, meaning they pick up some frequencies better than others, or might not pick up some frequencies at all.

They can have different amounts of distortion and noise levels. Electronics are not "pure". It will always introduce other stuff into the signal. A better quality system will just introduce less of it.

There are several other things that make a difference, like sample rate, resolution, how it's processed and stored, etc.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• A studio quality mic would probably pick up a much greater dynamic range.

0|0
    0|0
  • The sound quality might be different.

0|0
    0|0