I'm the reason someone wants to commit suicide.. what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If this someone is a BF/ex-BF, then what they're doing is a form of emotional abuse. Don't let then manipulate you.

Also, in case the threat is real, I'd consider calling the police.

Most Helpful Girl

• Contact their parents and see that they get help.

What Guys Said 12

• Call some service and let them handle him, you're not supposed to do it. And also remember, whatever it is that said person does, it's not your fault. It's theirs and theirs only.

• you are not the reason for shit. the person who wants to commit suicide is the reason for his own problems (if you didn't bully that person).

best is that you didn't even give us proper information. so here's my advice:

sdgfasdhgasfhgewrhbterjkehjsdajhdsvakjvsdjsvd

• Talk to his family

• if he is the kind of guy threatening you of suicide: inform 911
    if he is really going to suicide due to some serious reason:inform 911
    in case you are getting emotionally drowned : talk to your parents and they will inform 911

• Don't call 911, the cops are as likely to kill him as help him.

• If your country is the United States, then they aren't. They are trained to do one thing, get home alive, they view the rest of us as a threat to that prime directive.

I can post story after story about mentally ill people being killed because their family called 911 to help them. The absolute best thing to do is to personally take them the the mental health professionals.

• @ArtDent well.. i am not from US and if that is the case i hope she is not from there as well.

• if it´s about breakup, call the police or appropriate officials to help him. don´t letit become your fault.

• Let him go through with it, obviously you deserve the guilt.

• ask if he would like you to take him to the county psych hospital.

• join him/her

• why u r the reason?

• Ignore it.

• You may be a catalyst but most like an excuse. Call his family.

• Can i ask why you think that, what is the situation

• he was depressed and I got involved with him partially knowing that I didn't really want anything more serious. I'm the first person he fell in love with and has ever been sexually active with. I waited too long to end things and added to the pain he was already dealing with.

What Girls Said 4

• No you never are!

• Talk to his family and have them contact the correct help.

• are you leaving that person? breaking up?

• What happened that someone wants to kill themselves?