If you could live anywhere in the world where would you like to?

I would love to live in Greece but with this situation it's not easy

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I Swiss and Greek (double citizen). Although I'm Greek, I definitely wouldn't want to live there. I have relatives who live in Greece (Corfu) and their life is so incredibly tough. Sometimes my aunt doesn't even have enough money to buy basic grocery items such as bread or fruits... it's really not fun. It's a beautiful country to travel to but there some good reasons why it's not a country where you should move to. Even without the economic recession, some things can be rather annoying. For example Greek government bureaucracy is infamous. Everything takes 2,000 years and then some. There's also a bit of corruption here and there and people don't take rules very seriously. I love Greece because I have Greek blood flowing through me and I'm proud of the culture but I also have a very critical look on it.

While I love travelling and I would like to travel everywhere in the world, there are only very few places where I would actually want to live.
    Basically, I would only want to live in Switzerland (where I live now), in Denmark, Sweden or Norway. Perhaps the Netherlands.
    Reason: I want to live in a country with a very standard of living. Also, I want to live in a country where things are very neat and orderly. This already throws all of Africa and South and Central America and large parts of Asia out of the list of options. So we're left with North America, Europe, east Asia, and Oceania (Australia/New Zealand). I don't want the weather to be too hot. I prefer a mild climate. So that kicks out Australia and Southern Europe. Now, having a relaxing, easy-going life with enough leisure-time is very important to me. I don't live to work, I want to work to live. So that means the end for east Asia where people just work 25 hours a day. Now, I also want to live in a country where I feel politically happy. By that I mean that my core values should be somewhat represented in the law of the country I live in. In particular, I want the government to be there for its people, I want tuition fee for university to be affordable, I don't want any idiot to walk around with a machine gun, I want public schools to be very good, I want social welfare to be decent etc. So that kicks out North America, the UK and east Europe (east Europe also because they're quite homophobic and I don't like intolerance). That leaves me with just a handful of countries. I don't want to live in Germany, Austria or the Netherlands because they're all neighboring countries (or almost-

• neighbors in the case of the Netherlands). I don't want to live in France because they have too many problems with immigrants and the country is going through very rough times politically and economically. I don't want to live in Ireland because it's too conservative and I don't want to live in Iceland because the winters are too cold and dark. Oh, and I don't want to live in Finland because the language is freaking difficult. So yeah, that leaves me with my home country and Scandinavia. I could see myself quite well settling down in a small Swedish or Norwegian town some time.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• why would anyone want to live in greece?

anyways, my dream city is savannah. southern california and hawaii would be cool if they weren't so damn expensive. fiji was fucking awesome, but i would preferable like to live in a 1st world country. if not, somewhere in the caribbean.

• Cauz people in Greece are warm care about each other. In Greece all the western civilization was born amd if it wasn't greece life would be different. Plus greek guys are hot;)

• yeah, that's what i thought you meant, but i wasn't sure. i heard croatia is like a not shitty version of greece. i didn't get to go, but that's what my friend from greece says.

• Well I dont know maybe

• Costa Rica !!

• I'd probably stay in the USA.

What Girls Said 4

• Italy, New Zealand, or Tahiti

• New Zealand..

• Probably Oregon

• Sure USA and I would protect it and help it if I did