Do you hate it when people self diagnose themselves?

People are always saying "oh, I have this, and I have that"..

Apparently every fucking person under the age of 18 has anxiety. "Oh.. I have anxiety.. I can't be around loads of people"

Have you actually had a test and been to the doctor? (More than likely no..) right.. well stfu. You're not a doctor. You're just a teenager who sits in your room. 😂 Unless you've actually been diagnosed stop claiming to have things you may not.

*breathes fire and cools down*

Rant over.
Views/opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't annoy me because I have all the symptoms of anxiety but my father wouldn't take me to the doctors to get tested... he said I was lying for attention and that I'm an idiot if I think I have anxiety... I have had multiple anxiety attacks before (most of the time because of him) and I couldn't get any meds for it and properly diagnosed. I told my mom and she said it was a way for him to manipulate and control me.
    Also, I'm going to get properly diagnosed as soon as I can and hopefully medicine to help me. I hate it when people say "omg I have anxiety halp" but they're just a little fucking nervous. Especially when people say "I'm OCD about this..." like no they're just anal about it.
    I dont care, and I feel bad for people who couldn't get diagnosed (like me) but ACTUALLY have anxiety.
    Just because someone couldn't get diagnosed it doesn't mean their schizophrenia is a lie...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I totally agree with you. Just because you're a teenager with some issues doesn't mean you have an anxiety disorder. ALL teenagers have anxiety. That's the whole point of puberty. Puberty is one big hole of anxiety. EVERYONE goes through this. But it doesn't mean you actually have REAL anxiety disorder just because you have this typical teenager-feelings of frequent self-doubt and sadness.

Also, I really hate the fact that people nowadays use the word "depression" so easily. It really annoys me. It seems like after having big a huge taboo for many decades, having a depression now suddenly became all hip and trendy. Everyone wants to have a depression and is even proud of it. Most people don't even know what "depression" actually means. Depression does NOT mean that you've been sad for the past 2 weeks because you had a bad fight with your boyfriend and it also does NOT mean you're sometimes crying at night because you're so scared that you might fail school. That is NOT depression. Depression is a serious mental disease. It's really annoying when people claim they have stuff that they don't have.

What Girls Said 9

• Oh I actually been to a doctor and they told me I was bipolar and depressed!

• I agree to some extent. This generation is addicted to making sadness a trend.
    However, a lot more young people experience mental illness than other age groups. And a majority of mental illnesses never get diagnosed because people are too scared of being labeled by stigma. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on this site had some sort of thing going on, everyone is fucked up in their own way.

• Lol, I think it's hilarious.

• not as much as when I go the doctor's becaise I am feeling horrible and they tell me that I am healthy just low iron but other than that or that everything is all good

like you better do every fucking test on me because I am not okay if i were I wouldn't be here

• It doesn't annoy me as much as you do, haha. It does make me want to make sure they are properly diagnosed, though. If they do have an issue, they should be treated for it accordingly.

• My mom does that lol and I actually diagnosed myself with anxiety i went to the doctor turns out I do have anxiety 😑 at first I was like (yes I knew it) but I would rather b proven wrong tbh 😂

• Oh god, I KNOW! It pisses me off. This is why people don't take mental health disorders seriously.

• I thought I've gone crazy and went for a check up and the doctor said you're too crazier to begin the test with.

• I self diagnosed myself with PTSD. well... At first someone else told me I had PTSD and I turned it down. But after a lot of thought I know I have PTSD :/

What Guys Said 9

• It doesn't bother me if people self diagnose. It's only when they self diagnose without making any effort whatsoever to research it first. If I have anything wrong, I always self diagnose. I have very little faith in doctors and literally never go to them. It's been 40 years since I've had a checkup and I have no plans of getting one in the future.

• I think it is stupid and can be dangerous. I always just go to the doctor when something is wrong. They know a lot more about it than I do.

• I recommend you staying away from Tumblr then 😂

For real though, I can't stand those kinds of people. I also can't stand those who look up words in Latin, attach "-sexual" to it, then claim that that's their sexual orientation. 😒

"Oh I'm a demisexual, I'm only sexually attracted to people I have emotional connections with, my orientation is just as real as the rest."
    Bitch no the fuck it isn't, all that is is just not wanting to fuck every attractive person you see AKA totally fucking normal. 😑

• Okay so the prefixes aren't necessarily in Latin, but you get my point :P

• I was thinking about Tumblr the entire time when I wrote this loool

• LOL o you mean those people who use google to diagnose their symptoms lol yeah they annoy me somewhat but they're also funny, Sebastian Maniscalco does a really funny bit on that.

• Oh so you mean the psoriasis, pompholyx, acne, hair loss at the age of 20 all anxiety induced skin conditions that are plaguing me are not actually related with anxiety and it was ALLLLL in my head LOL omgeee you are right im just a spoiled brat xD. It also has nothing to do with the anxiety and depression that 100% coincidentally took place in my life the previous 2-3 years (not diagnosed cause i never went to the doctor cause i literally had 0 support even from my parents who think just like you). Wow bro you got everything figured out even things you actually were lucky enough to never go through. Thanks so much you saved me!!!

• Yeah its annoying pisses me off.

• everyone thinks they are a doctor

• Haha, kinda people sometimes make a big deal out of nothing or like to put big words and labels for everything

• You mean hypochondiracs? Yeah that's why people need to stay away from WebMD.