Is it possible to have fallen for someone you haven't seen for 3/4 years?

When I was 17/18 this girl was crazy over me, I had no idea why. I was in love with someone and I didn't want anyone else.
We stopped speaking, I think we just drifted apart. All this week she's been constantly in my head and all I can think of is 'what if?'. I've been looking for her everywhere and I've finally found her.
When I found her I got this feeling in my heart, it was a nice feeling. I can't get her out of my head,
Do you think this is even possible? :/

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, this is very possible. Some connections are incredibly elastic. It's like they can be tested with time and circumstances but they never break and instead always snap right back into place. Sometimes if you're lucky, you'll meet someone and there's an intensity that is so immense that you feel you can never finish exploring it. So even if years pass then you two cross paths, you can't help but want to discover the in-depth connection.

• I'm just hoping she's single, I just feel like I'm ready to get to know her well enough now. I will hurt if she decides to not have any connection with me. I've never felt like this before :(

• Prepare yourself for both outcomes. :)

• Since you haven't seen her in that long she could have changed since you last saw each other. I think you're in love with the idea of being with her or you love the memory of her. You could try messaging her on Facebook (I assume that's where you found her) and see if you still get along and if you still feel the same way.