What is worse out of these 2 scenarios?

• Losing your eyesight
  • Being born blind

Most Helpful Guy

• Losing your eyesight is worse. You knew the gift of sight and became at least somewhat accustomed to it, only to have it taken away.

Being born blind, you have no idea what you're missing. Being blind is just "normal" to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think B because then you cannot and will never know the beauty in the world.
    At least with A you will have gotten a small glimpse of it.

What Guys Said 8

• Both are dramatic scenarios.

However, I do believe that Being born blind can be considered worse than Losing your eyesight. Simply because you wouldn't have the opportunity to experience what is like to see other people, to experience what looks like your family and friends.

• I think it's the same with pretty much everything. If you have something you become used to it, then losing it is more painful. If you never have something, then it doesn't hurt as much not to have it. Same with love.

• Losing the eyesight, because you know what you have lost

• I think A is worse because from birth you adapt easier

• I'd say losing your eyesight because you had it at one point in your life, but then lost it. I think that would be more difficult to cope with than being born blind. Being born blind, you don't know another life outside of being blind.

• Both are I dont think I could live like that

• Losing your eyesight I would say would be worse due to having to suddenly adjust and emotionally it would be tough. Although being born blind would be bad as well.

• Loosing it because u experienced the joy of seeing then loosing it.
    A blind person never knows what's it like to see so he doesn't know what he is missing on.

What Girls Said 5

• Probably losing your eyesight. If you're born blind you grow up that way and I imagine it wouldn't bother you as much. If you suddenly lose your ability to see you essentially have to learn how to read, write, walk, use canes and other aids all over again. And you'll be stuck with the memory of what this or that looked like and how life was like before you were blind.

• Losing your eyesight

• It's easier to accept your reality if you were born that way, and easier to adjust because you would have been building the skills all your life. You would learn to appreciate things around you using your other senses and only wonder what you were missing out on. Sort of like a really great fantasy novel you wish could play infront of you, but its not real. Its a mixture of sadness when you realize this, but also great awe.

But to lose something after you've had it. That's real lose.

• Losing your eyesight because that's a sudden change that you never expected. On the contrary if you're born blind, you're already used to it.

• I clicked wrong, sorry, I meant to pick A