Why are so many obsessed with having others 'rate them'? Isn't the only rating that is relevant in life the one you have of yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• Apparently so, I don't get what it changes because an over all rate really means nothing. it would be different if it something like "what should I change about myself?" because that would mean something could be done- a rating either makes someone feel more shittier about themselves or better.

What Girls Said 2

• It's a form of validation.
    It helps them with A their self esteem or B the knowledge that theyre attractive
    Usually it is for attention but sometimes its for people who are TRULY without any self esteem. I for one have no self esteem and I use to post rate mes, but I am trying to be happier without other people having to tell me im pretty or some shit. Yes compliments are always nice but people shouldn't need others validations to know you're beautiful.
    I dont meet the standards of people who dont matter and i dont give a flying fuck.
    There is no 'rating' of anything thats important, whats important is being happy with yourself and loving yourself.

• I think is to see where they stand or if they are good looking to improve their self esteem even if it doesn't matter what other people think tbh or maybe they're just curious

What Guys Said 3

• A friend of mine once said that it doesn't matter what people tell you, in regards to how you look, if you look in that mirror and you don't like what you see, then the opinions of others don't matter, only when you look in the mirror and you not others like what you see, will you be fully satisfied with how you look.

All these rating questions are just attempts at getting attention, insecurity and the like.

• human nature... to say people should be confident is good, but unrealistic.

• Depends on who you want to date.

A lot of people want to date more than their left and right hand.