How do YOU define success in life?

In your own words, what makes a person successful in life?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, success is having a house I own, having a job I love that provides for my family, and being surrounded with love from my partner, children, and animals. Also, a big success is raising a good person.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• When you are out of your parents home paying your own food at the grocery !

• happiness in however you're living.

• I define it as achieving your goals to make life good for you.

What Guys Said 13

• Internal happiness and self-sufficiency. Like, the happiest guy in the world who lives in his mom's basement is not successful to me; on the other hand, a multi-millionaire who sobs himself to bed every not is also not successful to me. If you can provide food, water, shelter and happiness for yourself, you're a success in my book.

• I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all definition to success. Its very personal.

I don't think we can measure success in wealth, possessions, or how many girls we've laid despite what society wants to push on us.

I'd say if you're happy with where you're at and what you've accomplished then you've been successful in life.

Its really difficult sometimes to be content with where you're at, always wanting what someone else has, but if you keep chasing someone else's aspirations you'll never be happy with yourself. There'll always be something you don't have or haven't done. If you can be happy with what you do have and what you have done then I think that's really important.

• Being happy, making a difference, accomplishments, and what @squidward said, "making more money than your wife and kids can spend" lol

• Having achieved their own goals
    I measure financial success as having enough money to do what you want, relationship by having the type of relationship that you want, social by having the friends that you want, etc. It really comes down to what you want and weather or not you have gotten it.

• I used to think it was status but I believe its how happy you are

• The amount of depth you feel. Regardless of if its a person or not. It can be a garden it can be money, it can be your lover, the list goes on.

• Doing what YOU wanna do and chasing after what you want not what society tells to seek (money, fame, whatever)

• Having goals and achieving them.

• Finding happiness

• Getting whatever they want and being happy both while achieving it and after achieving it.

• Having your own happy family, and a job you enjoy.

• The number of up votes I get on GAG

• Getting everything you want and giving to those you care for.