If you won millions in a lottery jackpot, would you keep it a secret?

Assume the rules of that lottery allow you to choose to remain anonymous.

• I wouldn't tell anyone.
  • I would keep it a secret from all but the few closest people in my life.
  • I wouldn't actively try to keep it a secret but I wouldn't actively publicize it either
  • I would allow the lottery company to publicize it

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd continue living my daily life the same way as if nothing had changed yet invest in that money wisely and silently. There are so many good reasons why you shouldn't talk about your money so I don't.

If I wanted to treat a family member or friend to a vacation or something, I already make enough money to do so without them questioning it. I would also pay off some bills for my parents which I couldn't tell them about anyway because they would never take my money. Our family is awesome and big enough to where they wouldn't be sure who was doing it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't tell a soul... except for my wife. While winning the lottery is great, friends and family will expect a chunk of it which will sour relations. My POV is, they are happy with their life already, so why fuck it up by providing them with money for a lifestyle that they could never hope to afford or sustain? If they can't sustain that lifestyle, that means you'd be paying for it their whole life. Once you give them money, they'll want more and more. In addition to attracting criminals, thieves and other opportunists.

I would make the money available for family members in trouble. If they had medical issues they couldn't afford to treat, or accidental death in the family. But even if I helped, I would not reveal that I had won the lottery.

What Girls Said 5

• I would let my family and friends know about what I had won, and I'd be fine keeping it a secret otherwise.

• I would tell my friends and family so we could all go on a big holiday to celebrate but for security reasons I wouldn`t want to be publicised in media

• id let it be publicized just to see all the people that disrespeted me and treated me terribly come right back and try to be my friend again but then i wouldn't want it publicized because i dont want everyone knowing my buisness and everyone in my face for money

• I wouldn't keep it a secret, but I wouldn't tell everyone.

• I wouldn't tell a soul.

What Guys Said 6

• I would tell only my closest friends and family, but I would not go public about it, never.

• I'd tell my best frirends and family.

• Where I live, I don't have the option of keeping it a secret. Otherwise, I would.

• Yeah, people will hound your for that alone.

• yes why would i tell anyone

• I'd tell my closest closest family. Like my parents, my grandparents, a few aunts/uncles and great uncles and great aunts and that's it.

My friends wouldn't know shit. Plus I'm a cheap scape so I wouldn't spend it on crazy shit noway. I don't even know what I'd spend it on.