I think I have solution for the war on terrorism?

How about we get all of our military out of there. Let them blow each other up.

They will be so busy killing each other they won't have the time to bomb us.

Most Helpful Guy

• If only that worked...

Here's the problem: you know why we have conventional militaries? Why would we, when cheap, insurgent militias are so much more cost effective? The reason is because with conventional militaries, YOU get to decide where the fighting happens. Fighting will always happen. But right now, we have to power to largely contain it.

Sure, we could leave. Yes, they would fight each other. But they would also fight us. And we would storms of refugees like those now coming from Syria.

You want to know what the REAL solution is? Empower countries like Iran. Our ideology says that we cannot compromise with them. But they are the ONE muslim country in that entire region that is able to control itself and protect itself. Yes, their humans rights record is atrocious by Western standards. But would you rather live there or in Afghanistan? The people in that part of the world are tribals. The only "nations" they recognize, are fuedal systems. They will never recognize a democratic, secular country. The only way to actually control them is through the language that they speak: force.

So yes, we should keep only a quick reaction force there. We cannot solve their problems for them. We don't have the capability. What we should do, is look at what HAS worked in the Middle East, and support that, instead of toppling regime after regime, only to find that the people immediately turn their guns (which we supplied them with) on us.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 9

• That's not going to work. Their agenda is to destroy Western civilization. Eventually, they're going to fight us.

• Tell them i said goodluck with that. With the navy and airforce they dont have. Also goodluck getting across that pacific ocean

• The sunni and shia hate each other. As soon as the US exits they won't have a common enemy to fight. And the middle east will be in an endless stalemate

• They're going to hide in plain sight. Using the principle of racism and/or equality, they will sneak in as refugees or immigrant workers; then, they will attack civilians and start attacking local businesses.

• Right... Since someone will be paying the bills, your tax is increased by 50% and all government support will be cut. Crippled veterans will be killed unless they can work and pay taxes as they are very expensive for the government.

Dude, war is expensive, somebody gonna have to pay the arms dealers. Those guys don't take ious and credits.

I secretly think those new ammos that don't really kill are used to cripple people and make them a burden to their countries as they return and unable to work and keep consuming the medical fees.

• There's something very appealing about your idea. They're all crazy -- let them fight it out and let's not get in the middle of it. That idea sounds good to me in lots of ways. But to the extent they've got a safe haven to launch attacks we have to keep taking them out.

• The argument against yours is that without the U. S. intervention, they will be able to build up their forces to become very strong. And then attack us. You wanna risk that?

• I think there are superior forces in the middle east than can counter isis. Like iran the shia in iraq and hezbollah. They would end up in a endless stalemate

• There's a reason Obama claimed he'd pull everyone out and he still hasn't.

• I have a better idea. How about we stop paying our taxes which our government pretty much uses to fund and operate these 'terrorists.'

• If only you did that before creating terrorism.

• I know I hate US foreign policy

• U mean crating a power vacum for isis to take power? I agree

• Isis isn't unopposed in the middle east. They have iran and hezbollah to deal with. They will be in an endless stalemate like in the iran iraq war

• They're to unreliable to be depended upon to do the right thing.

• Welcome to sanity, nice to have you aboard.

• R u trolling? U do realize that when we pulled out, isis came up? My plan (1month after we pulled out) would have been to create temporary cities, for anyone to move to. Under martial law... After a year, Go in and exterminate anybody left.. it would have stopped the mass imigration.. And by now, we would be outta there...