When do you bring out the bread and wine during mass?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's towards the end after the Lord's Prayer I believe. You receive communion at almost he very end of mass and some people sneak out.

I'm a 'lapsed Catholic' but both sides of my family are practicing so I still observe the ritual at weddings, funerals and certain holidays.

I really don't like the new liturgy.

• Yeah it's during a song and not a big part of the mass. The main part of mass is when the priest holds up the Eucharist and sings 'through him with him in in the name of the holy spirit for ever and ever' (this has now changed wording).

• Thanks nice to know all those hours in mass helped someone. 😊

What Guys Said 2

• In the Novus Ordo, it's when they pass the basket around and the little kids bring up their canned goods. In the Latin Mass (which I usually attend), the priest brings it out with him and sets it on the altar at the beginning of the Mass.

• They bring out the bread and wine usually somewhere in the middle where they do the offerings.

What Girls Said 0