Why do people put educated people on a pedestal?

Like if I go home and tell someone an educated person is rude, the reaction is almost as though it's warranted. They're educated. They're better.

It it freaks me out

What Guys Said 2

• We are!
    People like educated people because we have this special gift every wants but just is beyond their reach.

• You are a jerk. And I hate to tell you this but with this attitude I wouldn't be surprised if everyone hates you

• Delusional fool.

Respect is reserved for people who work hard. Not people who talk the talk but don't do the walk

• Your definition of respect is that of a simpleton who believes hard work is the definition of respect when in fact hard work is evidence of their own morals. Respect is earned because of a mans moral not the action he takes, but his own beliefs.

Or am i being a foolish delusional?
      Can you provide me a new name if im right?

• Just remember, not every educated person is rude.

What Girls Said 1

• I do that because im cronically un educated i do view them as better oh well

• Better is subjective. And if certainly doesn't give them the right to behave however the hell they want

• Yaeh i know but whatcha gonna do? I mean to the Victor goes the spoils i suppose i stop getting up on my hind quarters by the free passes the "upper echelon "are accorded its pointless to fight it

• Im on the bottin wrung by No real fault of my own its like there's a caste système in place and its next to fucking impossible to break through it yaeh they rude yaeh that get away with fucking murder but me i dont wanna be rude i dont want to get away with murder all the fringue being its that come along with being one of the "betters" is it worth it? I Doubt it.