Do you think God is fair?

Sometimes I feel when people blame God they don't realize there are other people who may deserve something more.

Like if you don't get into a medical program and someone else does. Maybe that person did work harder

Most Helpful Guy

• Three givens:

1. God is all powerful
    2. God is all good
    3. Horrible things happen to innocent people

You can reconcile 2 of these 3 at any time, but never all 3. If God is all powerful and all good, he wouldn't allow horrible things to happen to innocent people. Horrible things happen to innocent people and God is all powerful, he must be allowing that to happen, so how can he be all good? Horrible things happen to innocent people and God is all good, then he must be unable to stop them from happening.

Most Helpful Girl

• ⛔Non believers keep scrolling, you've been warned that this answer is about God... God is fair. We have a bad habit of taking God by the hand and dragging him behind us to try to make OUR plans fall into place. If you have been saved and have given you life to God the you realize that it is no longer your life, it's his life. And you need to take his hand and follow him. So when you don't make it into that medical program you need to have faith and realize that we are a tiny pixel in a huge picture. We can only see our tiny portion while God sees all of those pixels around us and how they all come together. We need to remember to trust him and let him lead.

What Guys Said 25

• So a little kid that dies from cancer did something to deserve it more? Or is that an example of something that isn't fair? I seriously doubt most religious people consider that fair. Even if there is a reason why God let that happen to a child it still doesn't mean it is fair. In order to be fair, all humans would need to be tested in the exact same way and that isn't the way life works.

There are lots of examples where God was unfair in the bible. God hardened the Pharaohs heart so he wouldn't let the Jews free, and then sent plagues down on Egypt to teach them a lesson. God could have just as easily softened the Pharaohs heart and avoided any hardship to the people of Egypt. It was about sending a message to the world more so than being fair.

• Naw he doesn't even exist in my mind and if he did, why does he allow all this crazy shit to happen in the world now? I mean we got MFs getting beheaded, dying of painful diseases, homeless, bullied to the point where they want to kill themselves because #God made them ugly, born blind etc.

Like fuck GOD if he does exist, cuz in the name of GOD/s, people have done some fucked up things in society and throughout human history.

• When you see the shit that is going on, I still can't believe people still believe in a god. There really is more chance of seeing santa clause popping out of the fire place!

• God is fair but what people fail to realize is that bad things happen because god gave man free choice and free will he could have forced us to act a certain way but he didn't.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people and other times bad things happen because people made the wrong choice or were led by bad intentions or something else.

• Yes, I think so. I agree. People that blame God don't realize the Bigger Picture/Plan. They are SELFISH.

• Life is a bitch sometimes and it is what it is; just try to make best of the situation that you've been given

• God wants us to obey him. Sadly, no one does. God does not eliminate all evil from the Earth, because he wants to give everyone a chance to repent before him, and turn towards him, so that they may go to heaven. When judgement day comes, the people who remain evil will be destroyed, and those of good will and faith in Christ will be taken to live in God's Kingdom with Him. The fact that god offers this to us through Jesus Christ is proof that He is indeed good. This is what I have been taught, and I hold it close to me. I for sure definitely want to be in heaven when the time comes.

• 0|1
  • I don't think life or God is fair. But life is a lot more fair than the media would lead to believe. In general, people get what they work for. If you lose out to someone else it's usually because they out worked you in some way

• Oraybe when your ex gets horribly painful cancer it's because someone wlse couldn't get it that week. Maybe they didn't deserve it.

You're right! Why don't people think of it that way?

• There is no God, so whether they are fair or not is irrelevant.

• Humans are the ones that can cure any disease humans are the one that can make you live longer not god the one that will stop your pain from somthing are your self the medicines which humans created, you can be wealthier its easy do your leasons become more cleaver read more books and boom there you are wealth citizen god will never give you money or food he will give death to people Jihads and templars both shity fucking Riligion phanatics GOD HAVE MERCY HE WILL NEVER HAVE

• I have had my doubts in the past, but in the end I always know He is.

• From my understanding, if you are to believe everything that's written in the bible, no, not at all. Regarding the example you gave however, what seems like the best thing to do won't always be the best thing in the grand scheme of things. In other words, God's perspective is infinitely wider/broader than yours or any other human.

• the rain falls on the just and the unjust
    there's no such thing as a good person, there's only people who try to do better cause everyone has fallen short

• In b4 god doesn't exist.

• God doesn't exist

• God doesn't exist, that much is clear.

• To be fair, he would have to exist at first.

• just remember God doesn't play dice

• People blame others, for their own problems

by the way the snake is notoriously tempting, but the snake is fair

• I don't really believe in God but if I did I would think he has no input on whatever anyone does. He just put us here and we act as we choose.

• then what about people being born blind or deaf? god is not fair ! he is the devil himself!

• I don't think god exists, if he did why would he give a shit about people's trivial bullshit, why wouldn't he stop children dying of cancer or people starving to death instead, do they deserve it compared to people cruising round in the Bentley? What a load of stupid shit.

• God is no respecter of persons

What Girls Said 8

• Eh. God doesn't exist. But even if he did, he's a dick, let's be honest. Too much shit happens in this world.

• People should just work for what they want and when they don't get it then just see what went wrong and work harder next time. Not blame an imaginary deity.

• Sorry but god doesn't exist. And if he does exist, I don't see why he would waste time determining who gets into a medical program, when he could be feeding starving kids instead.

• nope the big apple god is an illusion!

• That's true that hard work earns you things... but hard work has nothing to do with being born to a starving 14 year old mother in a tribe in Africa bs being born to the Kardashian family.

The truth is, if a god exists, he is clearly more intent upon 'keeping up with the Kardashians' versus the starving disease ridden children of the world.

If god exists I want an explanation from him, not what someone like you imagines god would say.

• I think god is fair and i think there's got ta be a rhyme for his resoning

• Well he gave us all FREE WILL so we all do what we want and when it goes bad we still wanna blame him but yes he is.

• Yes. I think of it this way: Some people claim God is not Just because he doesn't do what we would do, but things are Just simply because God does them, for He is the originator of Justice. We aren't the ones who get to determine what is fair or just. We are not God.