What does everyone think of the petition that is getting support in the UK to ban Donald Trump from being allowed to enter the UK for 'Hate Speech'?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the US can learn something from the UK. Trump can make himself a nice little home on an unpopulated island far away and be "president" there.

What Girls Said 5

• i think people should put more of their focus on what is happening in the middle east- thats a much bigger deal than Donlad Trump! And i just have to say this, i am not for Donald Trump at all, but at least he didn't lie in his emails

• I agree with your point, but take a differing viewpoint. I want to know what exactly is happening in the Middle East rather than accepting what the Western owned new agencies try to feed us with their propoganda :(

• I don't like Donald Trump, but I think it's a little excessive and will never pass. But I doubt that's the point, for it to pass. It's nice to see that over 500,000 never want him to set foot in the country.

• Haha COOL THANG! Where do I have to sign? 😁

• "Hate speech" eh. Totes. -_-

• People can't argue against what he actually said. so they are trying to shut him down other ways.

What Guys Said 14

• i think the bigger concern for foreign countries is the enemies he's making. he's got to have a bulls eye on him and it only makes sense for countries to be concerned with their national security allowing him to enter the country.

i also think that countries and even more importantly their government officials want to be seen with him. whether they believe or support his rhetoric it isn't really good for one's political image to be seen as sympathetic or supporting racism, bigotry, sexism, xenophobia, etc.

• I am an outsider, but, I fear the internal carnage he will cause within the USA with his divisive rhetoric. And this is not even touching on how much of a pariah the outside world already sees him as

• 100% agree. the only reassuring thing is that he won't get to a general election and if he does he won't win. i think republicans know this too and will keep him from getting the nomination to represent the party.

his rhetoric is disgusting and dangerous.

• lol "The internal carnage he will cause" Our entire political process is based on hating the other side. That is just a side effect of a two party system. The division of the united states is the main goal of the parties to make us easier to control.

• Great idea. I think the whole of continental Europe should follow. Maybe even the whole world. However, I don't think it would matter much. I don't think Trump even wants to travel abroad and he wouldn't even be capable of finding Great Britain if you'd set him out on a boat in the British channel with a GPS and a paper map.

• Neither could the vast majority of population alive today either.

• Cool, can we ban him from the USA too?

• It's ridiculous. The whole concept of "hate speech" has been abused to pretty much smear points of view that some people dislike. I love the Brits, but they don't have the equivalent to our American First Amendment when it comes to protection of speech. But the UK is a sovereign country, and they can choose to allow or disallow anyone to enter (or not enter) their country. (Or at least they should have that sovereign right. The problem with the UK is that they've given up some of their sovereignty to the EU.)

• It is upto the home secretary ultimately to decide if he is allowed or not, we can still ban people from entering without the EU having a say. She will make her decision in the coming days I should imagine.
      We have freedom of speech and it is protected, but we do not allow hate speech, the question is now is what Trump has said considered hate speech, that is for the government to decide.

• I think it's kind of stupid to be honest because who cares if people don't like him to be honest he brings business and he brings money, capitalism is what makes the world go round not the opinions of angry protesters.

And it's a bit excessive to be honest, I mean what person of power, wealth and influence isn't hated by thousands of people? it's a tale as old as time it's a waste of time and resources that could go be put to better use, and it will never pass, you also have to take into account that the media twists everything a lot people say on the air and edit and modify what they actually host and tell the world, and most people are stupid enough to believe it.

Even if you did indeed ban him from entering the UK what does it really accomplish to be honest, sure he won't be allowed to enter the UK but the vast majority of people there would have never even seen him if he was there, he only ever goes to other countries for business, lands in a private airport, goes and conducts his dealings and leaves as soon as he arrives. Even if he get go there, he can still conduct his business there from overseas or send people in his stead or hell even communicate with people there through the internet.

So in the grand scheme of things it doesn't accomplish anything except give these protesters the temporarily feeling that they accomplished something in their ordinary lives.

• Anything you don't like can be called hate speech if it offends you enough, even if what is being said happens to be true. Which is why any society that values freedom of speech can not attempt to regulate what is allowed to be said within the political area. Even speaking out against a political party could one day be seen as hate speech. Speaking out against those that you feel spread hate should be encouraged, as oppose to trying to silence your enemies by viewing them as criminals.

• The idea that you can ban "hate speech" and be free is idiotic but whatever.
    That's the kind of bull that gets people arrested for mean tweets.

• Your point is valid, but, he is in a position where the stupid things he says has profound effect

• Paraphrasing not quoting, but I suppose it would be too much to expect one of his supporters to comprehend the difference.

• @Smoman
      "Supporter"
      Maybe it's too much to expect that someone could criticize trump without making stuff up about him.
      I prefer to do that, instead of jumping on the bandwagon like someone who became a Seahawks fan last year.
      Maybe it's too much to expect from someone who only listens to propaganda about people they don't like, instead of actively critiquing their policies.
      Maybe it's too much to expect that we can have an intelligent discussion - even about unintelligent people.
      Maybe it's too much to expect that someone could speak intelligently on a matter, instead instantly assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is blindly, radically loyal to a man I wouldn't trust with choosing a haircut, much less my country.

I think that's entirely too much to expect from one such as you.
      Apparently you can't tell that paraphrasing does not entail assuming meaning when nothing of the sort was ever said.
      I even commented on how stupidly he speaks for goodness' sake.
      Call me a supporter..

• Idgaf about his hate speech but I don't want him shitting all over where I live, so I'd easily sign that petition if it actually got shit done.

• He talked shit about London and they got pissed off because it was clearly lies. Who gives a fuck, anyway?

• I don't really care about it. The U. K. can do what they want. They'll regret it when he's president.

• It's anti-democratic. I am positively surprised though, I was expecting him to be banned by the entire EU, since he's not on the "right side" of the political world agenda.

• I am Irish, and am so proud of this. Agree with your point on the EU as well

• I think you misunderstood me. I am pro Donald Trump.

• I saw this, just giving my view. And you are right, it is 'anti-democratic', but, what 'trumps' this is with free speech comes responsibility

• Guy says a lot of stupid sh*t and is a race baiter, don't oppose the UK's intentions whatsoever.

• Oh British people aren't they fantastic? They really do epitomize moral decency, they really are the beacon of morality. Let's conveniently forget the centuries of damage that Island did to the Ireland and her people, the ethnic cleansing, the sale of Irish slaves in Virginia and Barbados and the ships sailing to Australia. Let's forget their colonization of over 2/3rds of the world's landmass.

We can even sweep their recent colonial escapades in the Middle East under the carpet, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and now Syria while defending a Saudi regime because of deals of oil. The British really are something else. The hypocrisy of the US is sickening but it is perhaps the hypocrisy of Britain that is far more sickening.

Britain has done more damage to the world than Trump ever will do and quite frankly there are numerous people that would like to see Britain banned never mind Donald Trump.

• So what happens when everybody decides to ban everybody who says something they don't like? Or do just certain types of people get to decide who to ban?