In your personal opinion, are animal experiments necessary and can they be justified?

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife used to do these experiments... There is no way to acquire the knowledge otherwise. There is no computer or technology that can mimic an actual brain and how it works. Make sure the animals are kept as humanely as possible, but yes, in the end it is necessary to advance our knowledge of medicine and science.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so!

What Guys Said 7

• without animal testing that has happened in the past, we would not have a lot of the essential breakthroughs in medical science that allow us to have the cures and enhancements that we have today...

i don't think it should be allowed for people to test irreverent things like shampoo, makeup and other things that we don't need on animals, use them on the money grabbing individual who started another useless company for self gain...

• We all love the animals, but at the end of the day a human life is worth more than a rat's life.

• A necessary evil. There is no alternative.

• They have helped curing and treating lots of diseases better to test them on animals than humans you gotta test it on something either that or we should test them on rapists and cereal killers.

• Yes, of course. How else can we test reactions in a living body before we give it to humans?

• I never felt easy about this topic :/
    Never saw it as justified

• No. Medical schools don't need them either, when there are artificial models that do the job just as well.

• Maybe I missed something but what sort of "artificial models" are you referring to? We are SO far from having anything that will even remotely duplicates most of human functions.

• Sorry I didn't see anything in that article which indicates how to study neurons in a brain, especially considering that we only understand a fraction of the brain as it is. How are we supposed to create a model of something we don't understand?

• Regardless of being an option or not, human life shouldn't have precedence over animal life. Hell, it should be BEHIND animal life.

What Girls Said 0