If you want to be politically incorrect it means you want an excuse to be rude and inconsiderate to others. Agree or Disagree?

I've seen people claim this. do you agree or disagree?

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I disagree, I just don't want to be told what I can and can't say if it feel a certain way, that being said, I'd be polite about it either way

Most Helpful Guy

• Being Un-PC brings all thoughts and ideas to the table so they can each be analyzed with scrutiny. Being PC though great disavows most people from saying what they are truly thinking and even doing something to change a current predicament. I see it as a weakness but it is not without an altruistic value that makes it so human.

What Girls Said 4

• Most of the people that constantly gripe about being PC are rude and just want to say their rude words without anyone saying how rude it is. In my experience, this is overwhelmingly true.

• From what I've noticed, people just want to be able to use racial and gendered slurs all the time.

• Most of the times yes

• No. Sometimes being politically incorrect gets the truth across.

What Guys Said 10

• Political correctness prevents you from saying things that may be true. And if you may certain explanations banned, you are making it so that you will never actually be able to solve the problem.

For example, people blame racism for why there are a disproportionate number of blacks in poverty and crime. Racism from whites. Well, here's the thing: we've had this problem since the 60's. And it hasn't improved despite all the solutions based on the premise of racism.

Now, if I were to suggest that the problem is one of culture among those impoverished communities, I will be labeled as a racism, and not allowed to speak by the PC police. Yet we have definitely PROVEN that the single biggest factor that determines poverty is being born out of wedlock. more than 50% of black people in America are born out of wedlock. In fact, when you control for all other variables, married black couples with kids actually are doing BETTER than their white counterparts.

So here, we have a chance to actually solve a problem. But we can't. We have to sit on this science and pretend it doesn't exist, because it goes against the narrative.

Political correctness is only get worse, too. All around the US, college SJWs are DEAMANDING that they not EVER be exposed to opposing viewpoints! College is THE place where you go to challenge your beliefs, and they are trying to stop that. Students at Yale are actually signing a petition to repeal the FIRST AMENDMENT. The same one that gives them the right to protest!

This is how out of control political correctness has gone. It serves NO functional purpose. It only exists to protect the feelings of those who believe that they have a RIGHT to never be disagreed with.

• I want to have the ability to be able to speak my feelings with out haveing free speach squashed to to over sensitivity

• If I WANT to be politically incorrect, it means that I WANT to be rude/inconsiderate/whatever to others. It does not mean I want an EXCUSE to do so. I would not care about an excuse at all.

• If I want to be politically incorrect it doesn't mean I want to be rude. It means I want to actually have an opinion about something without people censoring me telling me it's the wrong thing to say.
    You can have politically wrong opinions without being a complete dick about it.

• My moral compass does not dictate I need an excuse for it. I do it, but so does everybody else, so I don't care.

• It's politically incorrect to speak about IQ levels in Africa. To many it's a very relevant subject. To the politically correct it's a forbidden subject.

• Being non PC intentionally can be either a statement or simple ass-hattery.
    There are a lot of problems with PC culture, number one the policing of language, and fighting it is important, but SOME people are just using it as an excuse.

• Oh, def. However, sometimes it's ok to be pic

• Honestly I find that many answers here are very pointless and nonconstructive due to the overwhelming PC culture on Gag.

• No it means you are not going to hold back your opinions or tiptoe around a subject/individual just because some people think it is "rude and inconsiderate." I've seen plenty of people be politically incorrect without being rude.