For all the smokers on GAG... Why did You start smoking?

And do you regret it? Or do you not care?
Or have you managed to quit?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was a smoker at one point. Though it only lasted for like 3 months. I was at a dark spot in life at the time. So I didn't care and just did it.

Yes I do regret it now because I am worried if those 3 months was enough damage to screw me over when I'm older. Plus I have asthma.

All I can do now is just exercise and try to make my lungs be healthy as possible.

Most Helpful Guy

• I smoke cigars occasionally, haven't picked it up as a habit yet, can go weeks without happily. Started because I like the smell and its nice to have a cigar when I'm sitting around having drinks with friends. Dont plan on quiting any time soon.

What Girls Said 2

• I wonder why they did

• I've been smoking since i was twelve, I used to think it made me 'cool' I am now nineteen and can't quit the habit, you name it I've tried it. Especially when I'm stressed, I can get through 40-60 in a day. Its not a good habit, it stinks out my flat and clothes, anything that comes into contact with the smoke

What Guys Said 6

• Hanging around the wrong crowd.

Yes, I deeply regret it. I'm in the process of quitting. Very fucking hard.

• I never started. I've never had a cigarette in my life. I tried a cigar once. Ugh. If it doesn't get you high, why do it?

• I'm a passive smoker so I don't really remember when.

• 1|1
  • I socially smoked for three and a half years and I did it because I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the taste, the smell, the feeling of the smoke travelling through my lungs. I enjoyed the social element of smoking and drinking coffee and beer goes so well with cigarettes.

I quit three and a half years ago, though I have had the occasional slip since but then me breathing in toxic diesel fumes on a daily basis is more likely to kill me than one cigarette a year.

• Because I was told not to.