Is being rich and alone a sad life?

My dad and one of his coworkers have done well for themselves and my dad is still happily married while he and his wife split after having 2 kids. He is awlays inviting all the coworkers and their kids. Out for dinner and drinks and picks up the bill because he makes really good money. He seems happy on the outside but I can't imagine being single at the age of 50+ and still spending every night in the bar never seeing a home cooked meal.

Most Helpful Girl

• What does he do?

• My dad and him are the head engineers at general motors. They make a lot of money but he can't be happy spending every night in a bar eating barfood and drinking.

• Ehhhh calm down, head engineers don't even make a lot of money.

• *still falls under middle class salary.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell to the fuck no. I'm alone and poor. Alone and rich is a super upgrade. He can literally have pretty much whatever he wants. And... he's *not* alone. He has a social circle and invites people to dinner. If he feels the need for sociability, he has money. So he can just buy someone's meal. He's probably happier than you. Money can't buy happiness, but it makes one hell of a down payment.

• I don't know I hope I'm not single when I'm 50+ idc how much spending money I have ibwant a reason to make money.

• Different people have different needs. You won't be the same person you are now when you're 50, either. Depending on the experiences you have, you'll either get used to it or not. It's basically weighing the value of money versus the value of having a wife. Wives can be pains in the ass. They come with drama and pain, themselves. Money, however, comes with little pain. Money has less negatives.

What Girls Said 2

• Well being alone (for people who don't like to be alone) is really sad, that you rich, middle class or poor you will always be sad when alone, at least he is bringing some happiness and good memories to everyone including him :)

• It depends on the person. Being rich or poor doesn't cause you to be unhapppy. It's what you think about and how you respond to what you face which makes you unhappy.

. So happiness depends on the quality of your own thoughts... not what you have or don't have. There's happy poor people and happy rich people. Plus, there's unhappy poor people and unhappy rich people.

What Guys Said 1

• Absolutely. There are things impossible to buy with money. Sure, money helps living a more stress-free life, but the point of having money is to have more time available to focus on your priorities rather than investing all your time into having money.

• He had a job that can support a family himself butbhas no family he needs to support because his kids are all grown up and out of college.