Best guy friend hugged me and said he loved me today, I love him back but I didn't tell him what should I do?

Okay so at lunch I was talking to my best friend (who is a boy and I'm a girl) and some of our other friends. He's two years older than me but anyways we were talking about stuff and my other friend asked what if this one teacher gave us more homework and I said that I'd die and then my best friend just pulled me in a huge hug and said "don't die on me I love you and I couldn't live with my self if you died" it was the first time he's said he loved me in real life, he's said he loved me texting before.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls in a nutshell.
    IF YOU LOVED HIM BACK WHY NOT FUCKING SAY IT.

GOD. DAMMIT.

Anyway, run to him and hug him and say you love him.

• Just be cool about it

What Girls Said 1

• He might just mean he loves you like a friend, i say it to all my friends all the time, doesn't mean its necessarily in a romantic way

• I know but it kinda seems different cause I've been friends with him for four years and this is the first time he said it in person to me