Is it wrong that I gave a timeout to a 13 year old boy at the youth center for asking me if I have a girlfriend?

I volunteer at the youth center. He asked me that question and I decided to give him a timeout for that today. Was I harsh for that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehh yes? Why would you do that lol it's not like he did anything wrong by simply asking you a question.. Maybe you shouldn't work with children 😪

• Cause it is obvious I don't have a girlfriend. He was being a smarty pants.

• @Jxpxtxr it is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly. Also teachers disclipine kids all the time. They are in the wrong too? Kids need to learn to respect people in authority instead of being a smartass.

• Truth hurts in my last message?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so, just play it cool, the boy is 13 and was probably curious. This reminded me of a conversation I had with a 8 year old boy on New Years Eve.

Boy: "Don't you have a girlfriend?"
    Me: "No, I don't"
    Boy: "How old are you?"
    Me: "I'm 21"

My cousin was with his girlfriend, then he looked at my cousing and asked:

Boy: "How old are you?"
    Cousin: "I'm 20"
    Boy: "He's younger then you, he has a girlfriend and you don't"
    Me: "Yeah"
    Boy: "I know why you don't have a girlfriend"
    Me: "Why?"
    Boy: "Because you're ugly"

Then I laughed and said: "Tell me something I don't know already"

You see? Play it cool, it's none of his business.

• This boy was 13 and knew better. He is a known trouble maker and was obviously being a smartypants. It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly.

What Girls Said 8

• I'd say so. I think that was probably an innocent question and he didn't mean anything by it. Not really any reason to punish him for it.

• I knew the kid. He bugs a lot of kids. And also it is obvious I don't have a girlfriend, so it is obvious he was being a smarty pants with me when he asked that.

• I wonder if it is ware though when an ugly nerdy looking guy has a girlfriend though, or is it not rare.

• Meh, it's not that rare from what I've seen. A lot of the people in the clubs were in relationships, after all, and a lot of them were with people from the clubs so obviously shared interests is important.

• Yes, you were too harsh. Kids are inquisitive and it was an innocent question.

• I can see what you are saying if he was like 10 or younger but he knows what he is saying, since he is 13. He bugs many kids and I know he was being a smarty pants with me when he asked that. He knows I don't have a girlfriend. I never told I don't have a girlfriend but is obvious, so because it being obvious I know he was being a smarty pants.

• I actually think being single is no big deal. The problem is he was disrespecting me by asking that question. It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly.

• It's not disrespectful and it only became so because you let him get to you. And I've seen plenty of attractive who are single and ugly people who are in relationships.

• Yes that's harsh. Omg you probably scarred that little boy. He probably thinks you're crazy. Are you upset you don't have one? What made you give him a timeout?

• No I am not upset that I don't have a girlfriend. It is obvious he was making fun of me, since it is obvious I don't have a girlfriend.

• Yeah, all you had to say was "I'm not answering that" it really was a harmless question

• I did, he asked again anyways. He was being a smarty pants by asking that question since it is obvious I don't have a girlfriend. If he was like 11 or younger I would have let him get away with it but he is 13.

• He needs to learn to not be disrespectful.

• I think that's a bit over dramatic

• Yes, you were harsh.

• You have some serious issues, and now you're taking it out on children. I hope he tells his older brother or dad about this. Fuckin weirdo. Get a new voluntary role and don't work with kids or the public. It's a normal question, asshole.

• It is not a normal question to an ugly person. It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly. The kid is a known troublemaker and it is obvious he was being a smartypants. He knows better. He is 13 not 11 or younger. How am I weird for not letting a 13 year old troublemaker disrespect an adult in authority at the youth center?

• @BlueCoyote I am asking out of curiosity in my last message?

• Haven't seen any of your immigration posts. Or at least I didn't consciously pay attention that they were from you. I can't remember any at the moment.

• Yes you should not get mad at a child because you have problems with women.

• I never said I had problems with women. Also he was being a smarty pants. It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly, so obviously he was being a smarty pants. That is I punished him. By the way he bugs kids a lot and is a troublemaker. I put him time out, not tell his parents. I would have let him get away with it, if he was like 11 or younger.

• I was mad he was dispecting me. Kids need to respect people in authority.

• So i see youve made another account...

What Guys Said 8

• Do you think that is such a private and taboo question that you need to punish someone for asking it?

• He is a troublemaker man. I know he was being a smarty pants when asking that question since it is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly. I would have let him get away with it, if he was like 11 or younger.

• It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend. So he was making fun of me.

• @AshleyThompson no insults needed

• Yeah, your posts on here make me cringe so hard. You get no pussy so you take it out on a 13 year old? Good job bro. No wonder the women aren't queuing up. Your cripplingly low self esteem, lack of self-respect and pure arrogance are the reason you get none, not your looks. As for this 13 year old, I wager he was asking a genuine question and you, in your bitter virgin mind, saw it as an insult. Shouldn't have punished the kid.

• I never said I was mad at not having a girlfriend, all I said is that it is not good he is disrespected me.

• Yes. That was inappropriate. You should have either answered yes or no, or have said, I'm sorry, but that is personal.

• I told him, I don't want to talk about it, he asked again, I then put him on time out. He is a known troublemaker. He was being a smartypants when asking that question. It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly.

• Just curious to what people would say.

• We're all so stooopid dood. We should have guessed! Doood, you rule!

• Yea you were

• A bit harsh, probably left the kid thinking it's a sore area for you. If the kid is normally a little asshole to the other kids then your good.

• What was his tone cheeky or just curious - If he wasn't being cheeky I feel it was a bit harsh

• Why? Did you get offended because he assumed you date girls?

• Huh? You punished a child for asking a question?
    Well if I was that boys father I'd come in and punish you.

• He was clearly making fun of me. It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend.

• How on earth would that be obvious. How would your private life be obvious to a child. You need to man up. If somebody makes fun of you then turn it around, don't snitch and punish like a weasel

• I didn't snitch, I put him in timeout for 10 minutes. He needs to learn to respect adults. He is 13 not 11 or younger, he knows what he was saying. It is obvious I don't have a girlfriend since I am ugly.