Do they allow Nutella in hand luggage on an airplane?

I am flying tomorrow and I have no checked baggae allowance, but a big jar of Nutella, and I dont know if I can take it. I checked the website of the airline and its specified that I cannot bring liquids or gel-like substances on board. Does that include Nutella?

Technically its a fluid cause it takes the shape of its container. its very high in viscosity, which means that it would flow only under a high pressure, so I guess that would make it a Bingham plastic fluid, which is a fluid only under high stress, but that doesn't help my case.

bump
Guy you can try if you want but it didn't work for me :(

Most Helpful Girl

• When I travel, in the states I had to put my food in clear bags, or something small in order to take it on board with me. Or, if they sell it "on the other inside", then that is okay as well. When I flew in Europe, I didn't bring food with me, I just bought something at the concession stand.

I love Nutella, but I don't know if I'd classify it as a fluid (and it's definitely not a clear fluid). Please let us/me know if you were able to do so. I am interested to know since I would love to try to take some Nutella with me.

• Didn't work :/ they took it away.

• I'm so sorry for your loss. :'( Do they have have store or concession stand area at the airport on the other side of security that might sell it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Didn't work for me when I went to the Philippines

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not sure , but regardless of whether it's allowed or not... I'd find a place to hide it. I love Nutella ❤ I couldn't be without my jar of Nutella -. I'm addicted to it! 😜

• I tried hiding it but they took it away 😭those bastards found it

• Lol aww hopefully you'll be able to find a jar at a shop when you get there , or at least a substitute 👍😊

• Is it an international or domestic flight?
    Because I just flew from Melbourne to Sydney with a 600ml Voss Bottle, a 375ml deodorant and a pocket knife in my cabin bag and no one cared 😂

• Ohh I'm late but yeah it is not allowed hahha aw. You could have made biscuits with nutella though to keep you company during the flight.

• so sorry squidi Im sure most countries sell Nutella lol

• I think they do allow it.

What Guys Said 0