If you could learn any language, what would it be?

If you saw my last post, I said Irish is the hardest language I've tried to learn. For this reason, I wish I could learn it formally so that maybe I could understand it better. For a language I've not already tried I'd say Hebrew or Arabic.

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to learn German, Polish, and Sign Language. German because I'd love to go there somedays and I'm of German descent so that would kind of be meaningful to me for some reason. Same with Polish but my nephews also speak it and are bilingual so I think it would be cool if I could learn it and speak with them. Sign Language... I'm not sure why exactly I want to learn it but I just do. Hebrew would be pretty cool too. I'd like to learn Irish as well for the same reasons as German and Polish.

• Go to duolingo. com they have free courses in German, Polish, and Irish. Hebrew is coming later this year

• Well for me, I just think it sounds cool and it's helping keep a revived language from going extinct again

• And it can still help with Old Testament studies even though it may not be the best or oldest it is still scholarly

Most Helpful Guy

• Russian or the ancient Syriac language. It would be very useful from a religious standpoint given my Orthodox faith. Greek is easy enough to learn, but the other two are very difficult.

• Once you get used to the Russian grammar it's pretty easy. I was learning Russian for the past 3 years and only found it difficult at first. It still takes a while to get used to the conjugations and cases but if you have a good instructor it's easier

What Girls Said 8

• I'm not eager to learn any other language, I would rather improve the ones I already speak:French, Arabic and English
    But if I had to choose: Italian, Spanish or German.

• I think I'd like to learn Italian 😊

• I would like to learn ASL, or in other words American Sign Language.

• I started learning that. I didn't like the instructor so I only learned the alphabet (which I've mostly forgotten )

• German or french

• French since I already started learning the basics in high school. Another one would be japanese.

• I would love to speak russian

• C++ and Visual C, Java, JavaScript, VBA, Ruby, Python.

• Japanese or Gaelic.

What Guys Said 9

• Japanese. I would love to work in Japan for at least a part of my life due to their amazing culture and advanced technology

• I think Russian

• Я говорю по-русский. I was learning Russian for the past 3 years. If you get someone who can explain it well, it can actually be quite simple

• Thank you for the tip

• Latvian, so I can speak to @MissNowhere in her native tongue

• I would learn the original Hebrew and develop a time machine and exploit modern foods to them and sell their money.

• Either Italian, French, Russian, Chinese, Korean, or Japanese.

• Russian. I might have to move there in the future to avoid getting killed.

• I already know enough languages

• Japanese so that I wouldn't have to study it in my free time.

• Arabic/some ching chong language.