Poll: Would you ever like to swim with whales or dolphins?

As long as they want to interract :)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• let me tell you a story: in the mid 90's I got fed up with my life and bought a boat to move to Costa Rica. I spent 73 days alone at sea with my dog. (german shepherd/Siberian/wolf cross) the dolphins would come sleep with us all the time.

at night if I had wind I would sail, and dolphins glow in the dark, they would happily swim braids under the boat and stay with us for hours, it was the most beautiful thing in the world. so now I am thinking about building another boat to live and travel on, so I can go back to the dolphins. I may sell my farm in Costa Rica. its worth a lot now. 70 acres.

Dolphins are the best people.

G

• That sounds like an amazing life! So happy for you.

• @MargaritaPeach
      human problems get thin about 30 miles from the coast, I spent 71 days out of sight of land, had never sailed before.

and the dolphins would come and get my attention and then race off, it took me awhile to figure out what it was about, they were warning me about storms starting up and the best direction to take.
      Kiah my dog, loved the Dolphins and would cry when they came, she wanted to play with them so bad.

I just want to give up on owning much, and own my freedom and find a like minded woman etc. I love adventure,
      about a year and a half ago drove a vintage army truck from Oregon to Panama, with a dash cam and I think this year will post a video on you tube time lapse. for the M-35 trck fans to enjoy. it was three weeks driving a 6X6.

G

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely! I have before, but it wasn't full on diving underwater with them like in your picture but more like just riding and "dancing" with them, which is really just them spinning in circles upright with me hanging onto it. X) I have a shot almost exactly like this too: havebabywilltravel.com/.../Megan-Dolphin.jpg , taken as it took me to this platform in the middle of the sea where the trainers who asked us to feed the dolphins and touch their teeth and all were. I was still quite young back then though, so I'd like to do it again some time in the future to really bask in it all, and maybe go a bit more extreme at it then. :D

What Guys Said 23

• Absolutely I'd like to do that. They're such amazing creatures and we need to protect their ocean home.

• I've seen dolphins and otters up close when surfing (waiting for waves). I found them interesting to watch. The dolphins where big! They seemed over 10' long and big around. I hope to see a whale eventually.

• I my my ex-GF's current husband to swim with whales... pissed-off-at-humans and hungry killer whales. I'd pay to see that at Sea World.

• I can't swim. Although apparently female dolphins secrete a substance from their vagina that causes the male to experience a continuous stream of orgasms.
    ... Don't ask, I'm just mentioning it.

• I would say whales would be spectacular

• Not really, I'd like to see them though I have other things I'd like to see, I'd rather take an airboat into the everglades to see alligators and crocodiles (yes crocs live in the everglads too

• No, dolphins have been known to bite people. As for whales most would not hurt you, but where there are whales sharks may be nearby.

• whales hell no
    dolphins yes

• I voted yes🙂

• I would.. but I can't swim.

• Dolphins, yes.

Whales, holy shit no xD

• Dolphins sure, whales nah.

One smack from the tail and I'd be dead.

• I have already with a pod of dolphins. It was amazing.

• sure I'd love to do that one day :)

• That would be awesome but whales are freaky.

• Dolphins are some rapey b*stards!

• I swam with dolphins a couple of times before and it was fun. The dolphins were really nice

• scary and boring. I'd rather swim with a polar bear.

• I'd like to swim with whales in Wales ;)

• I've already swam with dolphins in Cabo so I'd say Whales.

• I'd go with dolphins

• I wish I was microscopic and swam with sperm cells

• I have. Also swam with sharks which was quite the experience to me. Happy to recommend both. Although sharks might be more for the people who feel confident they won't get a panic attack.

What Girls Said 11

• Oh my god, yes 😍😍😍
    I love whales and dolphins ❤
    I want it sooooo much... it's on my mental bucket list 😛

• I'd love to swim with dolphins!

• I would love that. Definitely an experience I would never forget

• Dolphins yes! I have actually in the inlet off the ocean I swam with two. It was so cool Expecially because they were completely wild. Whales no. To big for me I'd be scared.

• I would love to swim with orcas or belugas!

• No if you're talking about swimming with them in a enclosure then it's a big fat No. They're not play things.

• Yes, it would be cool. Though, I think I would choose the dophins.

• yes i want to !
    if only i could swim !

• Yeah i would like to swim near both of them. They are both beautiful animals. :)

• I swam with dolphins.

• I need some new things in my life, but I would be scared..