What does it mean when someone says "right" after a statement? Does it show indifference or would you consider it insulting?

Most Helpful Girl

• It can mean either , depending on who the person is. Usually I can determine if they are being sarcastic by their tone, eyes and expression on their face.

It's easier to determine if they are being insulting when you are face to face , but not so easy via text. It all comes down to how well you know the person. My mum often says ", right" and she couldn't be insulting or sarcastic if she tried. So when she says it, I know she is just acknowledging what I'm saying

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the tone. It is probably just a literal agreement. But if said in a sarcastic tone it's like saying they think you're an idiot.

What Girls Said 4

• i call it BS!

• I think it's a sign that they're listening or it can be an agreement like "I know right!"

• They want to make sure you're agreeing with them or they are agreeing with you. I text Ikr? (I know, right?) to my friends to agree with them.

• Well not texting but saying just saying it in person. Like for instance i make a statement or opinion and his response is "right". Is it just acknowledgement or agreement?

• Acknowledgement.

• To me it's like, they are asking for confirmation. Or they might have forgot something and are trying to remember
    You were free this Saturday, right? Let's go have a drink then :)

What Guys Said 0