Is it just me, or does it seem like black people are more racist than all other people?

I'm Asian and i've never been harassed or derided by any white people or hispanics becuase of my ancestory, but I've been bullied and called names by black people almost my entire life. Most of the bullies I dealt with since elementary school to this day were black, I've been shoved into lockers, called racial slurs and even had my life threatened just because of my ethnicity and it was always by black people. Why do they feel the need to do this? Does it make them feel good? Do they view me as "white by proxy"?

Yet, everybody says that white people are the most racist, but that's not from what I experience. Am I the only one, or does anybody else feel that black people are in fact the biggest racists out there?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you met all black people? I'm sorry you have to deal with that much racism, but you've got to learn how to tune out all the negativity. Ignore them.

I've known and interacted with plenty of black people through the years and believe me, there's some really nice people of color and there's thuggish assholes as well, just like in any other race.

Maybe you're being too focused on the bullies you've dealt with, so much so that the one's that wouldn't even hurt a fly and could be your friend pass under your radar.

Tune out the negative.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you live in Southern California?

• I live in NorCal.

• Hardly any gangs where I live right now, I used to live in Oakland and there was some gang activity at the school I went to. Mostly black school, some whites and hispanics as well. I always got along just fine with the latinos, whites were hit and miss since they kept to themselves for the most part, but the blacks were always nasty to me. Anymore, I see so much nastiness coming from black people both online and off that I keep getting reminded of those days.

• Huh, I dunno. That's enough of a different planet, to me, that I can't say so much.

If I had to make wild guesses, I'd say it's just because those two groups (blacks and Asians) are the two groups that are most self-identified by race, up there. Like, whenever I've been to the east bay, I've met lots of soi-disant "AZN niggaz" and so on. Haven't seen the same from Latin@s, and, we all know white kids don't walk around broadcasting that they're white kids.

So, maybe that's all it is, really. Maybe black and Asian kids are the only 2 groups that are loud and proud about being Ethnicity X, and so that's why you are taking it on the nose.

My boy grew up in the hoody parts of Miami, and he says it was exactly the same deal with the black and Cuban kids there. There were Haitians and Dominicans and Boricua kids and bla bla bla, too, but not as loud and proud, so, not as much conflict. So, that's probably all it is.

What Guys Said 4

• I think every race has racists. But I have seen a lot of racist black that no one considers racist. Like when the say "white boy" I don't think a white person would get away with calling someone who's black a "black boy"

• It's just you friend.

• Some of them will be racist.

As for them being the biggest racists? I don't know but some of them certainly carry a chip on their shoulder and believe the world owes them something but other than that they seem ok to me.

You should report any racism or threats though.

• Yes they are

What Girls Said 2

• I'm black... and i can say that some black think that they can't be racist because they had racist comment on them, but white are not the most racist cause some think that Asian are the most racist cause white skin it beauty to them, but if it was in the old time i think it's maybe because the didn't dare attack white people so they took it on other race it's the same thing of the origin of bullying, but if you are upsert I APOLOGIZE FOR THEM, THEY DID WRONG!! (sorry for my english)

• Shut up